Crabsmas riddle? Durtle Heaven finally near?

Has anyone found anything on the movie vocab? I’m just thinking it says to go back to the “national treasure movies,” so there may be something there. Found nothing myself.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve seen that, but I don’t think that can be it. I mean, it might be and I’m just overthinking things, but…

I don’t think there is any content on the site that needs to be dynamically generated at request time. It’s pretty much a static site.

It could be he’s using a static site generator, though, like Jekyll or Nanoc, which could have a variable that didn’t resolve. Typically though, that just doesn’t insert anything; it wouldn’t literally say UNDEFINED. I think we can assume he wrote that in by hand on purpose.

4 Likes

I sorta figured they said UNDEFINED because they weren’t sure how many applications they’d be receiving, but it probably has some more elaborate meaning than that given everything from last year’s riddle

3 Likes

Ah, this one!

When did they add it, though? I don’t see it documented in the Content Updates topic.

2 Likes

I think that was the first time it was noticed, 5 days ago.

2 Likes

Thanks! I missed some posts at the beginning of the thread.

Even though I’m typically just an observer to the happenings of the crabigator church, I finally sent my application today. Although considering everyone’s distances it might reach them earlier than others since I live in the states. If anything else I’ll faithfully report back on all correspondences. o.ob

15 Likes

Same here. I even shelled out for certified delivery with return notification just to make sure my application gets in. :crabigator:

10 Likes

I sent mine with tracking and stuff…kinda by accident? :smile: When I went to the post office, I couldn’t find any normal envelopes, so I ended up using one of the USPS flat rate envelopes…Which got my application to Portland the very next day.

10 Likes

Can someone update me on the current status of the church and the riddle and all the mailing? Pliz!

Not much yet! I expect we’ll need to wait for the “membership processing” in order to see what comes next, and it probably won’t happen over the weekend!

You can read the first post, all that happened so far is written there.

2 Likes

Was the first post made into a wiki? I can’t seem to figure out how to add to it, or I would…

1 Like

There should be a edit button somewhere on the bottom right of it.

2 Likes

Odd, I must not have the right permissions?

EDIT: I’ll send off an e-mail, see if the staff know any better.

You need this badge: https://community.wanikani.com/badges/1/basic

1 Like

And I do, which is why I’m confused… Must be some sort of discourse bug I hope the team can sort out.

1 Like

No, that’s not right. @Eearslya needs this badge: https://community.wanikani.com/badges/2/member

3 Likes