Changed text weights on characters

Sounds like some people are getting missing radical issues for the image-based radicals. You updated those, I presume? Is there some kind of server-side force-refresh you can do? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The file path is exactly the same, so the image should load (either the cached old version or the new one). It shouldn’t show up missing.

Inspecting a page with radical images loaded it looks like the image path is missing the file extension. If I had to make a guess this is cause of the loading issue for some people. I’ll look into getting this fixed.

7 Likes

Ok. The correction is live now.

Does it fix the issue for those experiencing the radical images not loading?

4 Likes

If I navigate to the item yes. But not here (item below is cleat):

This is in preview btw. No problem on the main site.

2 Likes

Can you try refreshing again?

3 Likes

No change. Tried closing/reopening too.

2 Likes

Can you tell me what that is? (click on it)

3 Likes

It is Cleat.

2 Likes

It is loading now. Looks good :smiley:

Also:

:sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

There’s a limit on how many “likes” you can gives?

4 Likes

Fifty per day, supposedly, though I’ve never managed to hit it…

4 Likes

I like it. It was odd for a while but then I went on normally. It does look better, so thank you.

2 Likes

Actually, Kristen doubled it. Basic trust level has 100, Member has 150, and Regular has 200.

7 Likes

This is good!
There were some radicals that I found to be very hard to see (including “Tofu”, and “Squid”).

Sadly, “Chinese” still has a heavy font-weight.

4 Likes

Hmm… :?

4 Likes

¯\(ツ)

I’ll try clearing my cache.

2 Likes

Just isn’t enough :sob:

200,000 would be reasonable.

4 Likes

And I have been wondering why the characters look somewhat different today (and accordingly thinking there might be problems with my eyes…)

Thank you for the change - the legibility improvement is very much welcome indeed!

1 Like

I got the change yesterday! And just as I was about to feel comfortable using them, this morning my font reverted back to the original thick one! Weird!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.