Can't seem to catch up with reviews

I feel like maybe something is not working correctly. I am only at level 2. My reviews are always at 60 in the queue. Yes they go down when I do my reviews but they come back too quickly. Last night before bed I made sure that I was caught up on all of my reviews. When I logged out I had zero left. So this morning I had 60 in queue again. I managed to get them all done again before work. I checked in at lunch and again had 60 in queue. I did as many as I could at lunch and came home this evening and I’m back at 60. I have not been doing lessons because I don’t want it to pile up even worse. It also does not seem to save my review progress if I do not finish ALL of the reviews in one setting. Is this the way it supposed work? Are reviews supposed to regenerate so quickly? I can’t keep up with this pace. It leaves me no time for more lessens, or anything else.

1 Like

Can you go to one of the item pages for an item that has been coming back again and again and see what level it says it is, how many reviews it shows as having being completed.

1 Like

The first two levels are accelerated slightly. The intervals are 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, and 23 hours (normal levels are 4 hours, 8 hours, 23 hours and 47 hours). Of course any items you get wrong will show up more often and more quickly, but I assume you’re not getting all 60 reviews wrong. Additionally, for kanji and vocab, you must complete both the reading and the meaning for it to save with WaniKani. If you don’t want to do all 60 reviews at once, you can use the wrap up button to only do 10 more reviews.

And yes, please post some stats from the individual item pages. It could help us figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

So you are saying that all 60 will refresh every 2, 4, 8, and 23 hours? I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for but there is this…

Apprentice
Combined Answered Correct 0-56 71%

Meaning Answered Correct 0-34 58%
Current Streak 2 Longest Streak 4

Current Streak 2 Longest Streak 4 0-22 90%
Current Streak 16 Longest Streak 16

Yes that’s what I’m saying. It eventually gets to roughly 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, and 4 months. But that requires you to get both the meaning and reading correct for an item review after review.

In the case of the one item you posted, since you keep getting the meaning wrong it’s going to come back up for review more often.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I guess the answer to my problem is that I need to, get good. :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.