Cant find this Kanji

Hello folks, today i came up uppon a kanji u it seemed quite familiar, but after i tried to doublecheck it, i had to realize that i couldnt find it at all. I tried to look it up on wankani and jisho org was didnt suceed. On Wanikani it looks very similiar to 未 not yet kanji. Can anyone tell me what kanji this is? Is it probably another possible shape for an more common kanji? I leave a Images which one i m looking for plus the entire picture aswell for a bit context.

Heres the actual Kanji
a895dece-a07b-4125-a433-09fa98e584d9

And thats the entire picture for context

Thank you in advance for reading and helping.

3 Likes

It’s pretty common in its own right. It’s a jouyou kanji.

3 Likes

I believe its the ‘Vermillion’ kanji!

3 Likes

I thought it was 株, eh yeah :slight_smile: At least close-ish.

3 Likes

One tip for if you encounter this more often, Jisho lets you search by composing kanji from radicals:

Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to see which combinations you need exactly, like the 二 in there being a bit weird, but you can leave out the parts you’re unsure about and the kanji will come up as a suggestion regardless, listed by stroke count.

Or you can search by handwriting, even with my terrible handwriting-using-a-mouse skills this one is the second result to come up:

If you’re not sure about the stroke order, you can also use https://kanji.sljfaq.org/, it lets you ignore stroke order entirely

EDIT: For best results, write the right kanji, unlike what I did here :joy:

8 Likes

Thx for the answer, idk how i did not find it myshelf. Wanikani didnt show it on similiar looking kanji aswell.

2 Likes

Double check that one…

4 Likes

I just went to the fault (失) kanji since it looked similar, and then at the bottom of the page it shows you similar kanji.

2 Likes

ok that was kinda funny ww

2 Likes

I’m an idiot and I can’t write good :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Also (not that you need anymore answers!), I use the Shirabe Jisho app. Its drawing feature is easy with the touch screen, and I haven’t failed to find a kanji yet. AND it’s free! I use an iPhone but I would imagine it’s on Android too.

6 Likes

It seems that the meaning has already been found but in case you were curious about the stroke order, this will be helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.