Box of Manga!

So, I absolutely could not resist the urge to try this one out. A few hours ago my package arrived and I’m not only happy but also excited - I don’t know why exactly, since I read lots of manga anyways, but having physical volumes in original lying around somehow makes me happy (eventhough I still struggle reading them… :P).

Thought I’d share mine: I got Your Lie in April 1+2 and African Office Worker 1+2 :slight_smile:

Delivery (from the time I received my mail) until arrival took only 5 days (to germany).

5 Likes

Oh oh, now I got my hopes up, too! Also got a shipping confirmation 5 days ago :eyes:

3 Likes

I bought from them once before. You get to tell them which manga you already have, to avoid repeats, but it also clues them in on your interests, so they try to tailor things to your taste. I told them I had a bunch of Case Closed/Detective Conan ones, and they surprised me with more :slight_smile: I was happy with what I got. It was definitely worth doing at least once for me.

1 Like

Is there a way to track your order? I got a reference # and shipping email but nothing for tracking. I assume it will arrive soon since some of yall are posting that you got your boxes, but idk what of the world you live in

Nope, they said they do not add tracking to keep the shipping cost to a minimum.

Edit: Source
https://www.boxofmanga.com/howitworks

2 Likes

Bruh :neutral_face: lol

Don’t leave me hanging - did you receive your box? :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Yes, I did get it a day later. It had the first two volumes of 夏目友人帳 and 聖おにいさん, both of those series have been read in a book club here (though I guess only the first volumes). Haven’t really read any of it yet though :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Just recieved mine, with 1-2 of One punch man, and 1-2 of はんだくん. Mangas were in great condition and I will continue with this for the next month as well. Very nice to get this in the mail I have to say :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mines were more like better than brand new. Honestly, I’ve been to Thalia(local bookstore) as a teen many times before and the condition of the mangas there, though not bad, were worse than the used ones I’ve got ^^

2 Likes

Absolutely, would never have guessed this were used books.

1 Like

I thought the same thing when I got my books!
Though in my case it was a Hugendubel and not Thalia

Not sure if it’s the same in Thalia stores but in Hugendubel stores they have dedicated areas where you can read the books without buying them, so you could imagine the conditions of books that were aimed at a demographic that didn’t necessarily have that much money to buy a lot of them

1 Like

It may differ from store to store, but those I were in also had some area/s for reading (though I did not find them comfy having all the other customers running around and asking questions. Then again it’s not a library :roll_eyes: ).
But I did enjoy the sneak peaks as a child into new mangas/books (I mention books to divert from the fact that I mainly read manga).

On this ocassion I have to ask: how do you change font size in this editor?

1 Like

You can write <sub> or <small> before the text you want to make smaller
It is even possible to combine multiple of these tags

2 Likes

You can also use <big>, but unlike <small>, it only works once. For obvious reasons.

5 Likes

Uff, great.

ありがとう せんせい

3 Likes

This is big

But this is even bigger

7 Likes

You sir, are evil.

Close your tags you monster!

8 Likes

Still havent received my box :thinking: wonder if i should be worried

2 Likes

Got my Box o’ Manga last Friday, but forgot to post about it in all the excitement! I was super pleased to see that I got sent volume 3 of Silver Spoon, because I’ve been enjoying volume 1 a lot so far. I also got volumes 1-2 of Handa-kun and volume 1 of Assassination Classroom.

I am switching to a Beginner box next month. I think the manga I got so far are definitely appropriate for the Intermediate level, but I need to look up so much (agricultural lol) vocabulary that it’s not the best extensive reading. I’m hoping to tear through those Beginner manga next month! :grin:

2 Likes