Box of Manga!

Maybe someone guessed what epicness would be inside so they snitched it away!

Jokes aside, they also mentioned that if you don’t receive your package within 4 weeks you should Email them.

1 Like

I think i will need to. I messaged them on IG (which I may have mistaken as a customer service outlet) and basically got “:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I just got to ask because its bothering me: did you finally receive your package?

4 Likes

Sorry, I did! I completely forgot to come back here and update. Had a busy few days right after receiving it.
I had just reached out to the manga guy before it came in via email and he was very helpful as well.

5 Likes

Another month, another box of manga. I went for the beginner’s box this month and got vol. 1 and 2 of 借りぐらしのアリエッティ and vol. 1 and 2 of 青夏. They both seem a fair bit easier than the intermediate level, especially 借りぐらしのアリエッティ, which has very little text. I think they’ll be perfect for those days when my brain feel pretty fried, but I still want to do some reading practice. I can also use the 借りぐらしのアリエッティ film for listening practice once I’ve read the manga!

4 Likes

I got mine today as well :smiley: Took a bit longer than last time (though that was hyperspeed in only 5 days) but I guess it’s to be expected: I’ve read that, due to corona (what else :roll_eyes: ), the export from japan is even more strict and limited than before.

I’m very happy with what I got, especially 四月は君の嘘 vol.3, as it’s the first japanese series I’ve started to read :smiley: Yes im still vol. 1…^^

I’ve heard of 借りぐらしのアリエッティ before, maybe I even watched the movie :thinking: Just looks so familiar ^^

5 Likes

I got Chi’s Sweet Home vol. 1, which I am very chuffed about. No more FOMO when I see mention of that book club :wink:

I also got volume 3 of 青夏 and volume 1 and 2 of ヤンキーショタとオタクおねえさん. I am not familiar with this last title, but it looks like it’ll be a fun read!

4 Likes

This has been on my mind for literally 3 months! How did you do it?

1 Like

Really? :joy:

You can make headlines by putting # at the beginning of a line which already makes the text big. And then you can use <big> to make the text even bigger

2 Likes

Oh, thanks a lot. I would want to ask you but would forget everyday!

Again,

Thanks!

Thanks !!!

2 Likes

Just want to tell that I suscribed to Box of Manga (I remembered this thread).

I received my first box last week (intermediate level) and now I have started to read!

This is my first manga I read without a book club, so it is a little bit hard, but totally readable! For information I am around N4 level (I took N4 exam in December and hopefully I will pass).

Of course I won’t finish the 4 mangas in one month (maybe not even in two…). The site has an option to suspend the suscription, so it is easy to skip one month if needed.

I received two volumes of 弱虫ペダル and two of ニーチェ先生コンビニに、さとり世代の新人が舞い降りた.

Books are in great condition, like new. And shipment was quite quick.

5 Likes

Hey did 借りぐらしのアリエッティ come with furigana?

I’m looking for late N5/early N4 reading material without furigana to practice recognizing kanji in context.

Sorry for the late response! Yes, it has furigana. It also has very, very little text, so I am not sure you’d get a lot of kanji practice!

I’m curious if anyone still has an active subscription. I have a beginner subscription. It’s one of the things I look forward to every month. However I’m having trouble keeping up. I got behing in my reading due to studying for the JLPT (I had 10 or so unread books at one points) and I still haven’t managed to bring the number of unread books down to 0. I’m currently at 5.5, plus the 4 that should arrive at some point in the next couple of days.

Overall I think I have 12 different series going on and maybe 2 that I’ve finished.

2 Likes

do you get random manga with sorted volumes or is it always first volume for each series?

Edit: just saw the website and this day and age and not having tracking number is worrying. :frowning:

It’s always sorted. I just wished I didn’t have like 10 series going on at the same time. Sometimes I’ll get the first two volumes of series in one month and then it will be like 6 months later when I get the next one. What’s nice is that I usually get decent series that I would had never even opened up. The beginner series usually has a lot of high school slice of life.

The no tracking number thing is “fine”. I usually get my shipment on the 10th. I think I once got it on the 15th. If you sign up for USPS notifications, you can usually tell which shipment is yours. For me, I usually get a tracking number once it clears customs in LA.

3 Likes

Here’s my current collection from boxofmanga. The horizontal stack is “to do” pile.

7 Likes

I do! I’ve had a subscription for over a year now. I don’t remember exactly when I started.

I signed up for intermediate because I didn’t want them to all be high school/slice of life. I also love finding series I never would have discovered on my own. But I did really lag behind at first due to the difficulty and I also collect other manga on my own so it’s quite a backlog… But I like collecting so I didn’t mind much. I’ll get to them… eventually. I’m consistently reading at least!

Btw, I’ve never had trouble with the lack of a tracking number. It’s a nice surprise when I check the mail around the middle of the month.

I still usually get one or two new series every box. Some of the series I’ve gotten are:
僕だけがいない街
未来日記
氷菓
古見さんは、コミュ症です。
リビングの松永さん
ニーチェ先生~コンビニに、さとり世代の新人が舞い降りた
となりの怪物くん
俺物語
約束のネバーランド
川柳少女
銀の匙
ホリミヤ

For those who are annoyed that you’ll never finish a series via the box of manga, I figured out that I could just contact one of the many sellers on ebay from Japan and they’ll usually work with you to send exactly what you want so you don’t have duplicates. Then I just contact box of manga and they take note not to send me any more. I finished 未来日記 this way.

5 Likes

I’m glad that I stumbled across this thread - I’m not quite ready to give it a try at this time, but I’ll keep it in mind for the future.

Until then I need to spend more quality time with Satori Reader and various free manga and LN books available on the web.

2 Likes

That’s debatable as a lot of the information you are getting from the words are being communicated much more quickly with pictures.