Box of Manga!

Ewww, none for me XD

3 Likes

Hooray, now you can join the Flying Witch book club :grin:

(I actually seriously recommend that one for beginners - it’s one of the easiest “non-baby” manga I’ve encountered)

12 Likes

Thanks for the tip; I’ll take a look for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine arrived today, also much earlier than I expected! It contained these manga, which I have never heard of, but look forward to finding out more about :grin: The backs of the Dreamin’ Sun ones look super cute!

9 Likes

Then why not show us? :wink:

1 Like

Go on then :wink:

6 Likes

Put in an order since I feel I need to be exposed to some other type of manga.

Will post once I recieve mine.

2 Likes

I also just signed up for it. Sounds like a cool idea and I’m curious to try it out :v:

2 Likes

Anyone else keep reading the topic title as “Box o’ Manga”?

5 Likes

Silver spoon is from the same author as full metal alchemist, and I love both despite how different the settings are.

There’s also an anime for silver spoon that was good but only got 2 seasons unfortunately

6 Likes

I just finished reading the final volume of Silver Spoon the other week, albeit in English. Loved the series the whole way through, but I’m a little bit saddened about how the speed of time passing accelerates towards the end. Like, I was enjoying seeing Hachiken’s life in detail, and suddenly we’re leaving bits of it behind.

I haven’t gotten to reading through the whole thing right now so I can’t comment about the end just yet. I like reading though it as I get the physical volumes but college means a slow build due to translated stuff being $$$.

Good to know the whole thing is finished though! Maybe I’ll put it higher up on my priority list again.

Was it officially translated though to the end? or did fan translations get ahead and official volumes lag behind.

3 Likes

Officially translated to the end. The publishers are getting much better at keeping up, especially now that TokyoPop and Del Rey aren’t snapping up all the licences and then just sitting on them. (Yeah, I’m still annoyed at them for Aria, even if they’ve finally gotten around to finishing the series.) :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s only fifteen volumes, anyway.

4 Likes

That’s cool, I’ll probably start grabbing them again now that I know it’s finished

Only fifteen volumes but also 50% more expensive than your average JUMP volume

3 Likes

Manga is weird like that. Can you imagine buying 15 iterations of an average book and saying it’s on the shorter end?

Granted, a book can hold a lot more information in a page than than manga/comic, but you’re paying a similar price.

5 Likes

Dang now everyone is interested in this maybe i should be like the sheep i am and buy a set just to see :o i think i would only want one box though.

@seanblue changed it :wink:

6 Likes

The website allows you to just pause your subscription, so that’s what I did, just want one box to check it out.

3 Likes

アフリカのサラリーマン looks pretty interesting. Let me know if it’s any good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I signed up. Do they just…send you an email when its shipped or…? I couldnt find any shipping information on my account and it has been a few days

They’re shipped at the beginning of the month, so early February if you signed up in January

6 Likes