Beyond Sleepy’s (pillow fort?) study log

Yes, I’m all out, could you lend me some?

2 Likes

Oh I have excess sleepiness

I gift you 10 mins of sleeps

5 Likes

Thank you :pray: Imma just cash them in right now :zzz:

3 Likes

Aw, well I hope you catch up on some sleep soon! I’m awake and it’s still dark out, so I will look at page 11 when it gets light out because I don’t want to turn on a light :laughing: However - again - your attempt with reading looks fantastic below! I struggled a lot at that part as well if I remember, then I started getting a tad more in line with my “interpretation” if you will!

:white_check_mark: , :white_check_mark: , :white_check_mark: , :white_check_mark: !!! Sounds great on so little sleep! After yesterday Dolly lesson 6, I have trepidation about starting lesson 7 today or not :grimacing:

HAHAH! This made my morning. I don’t know where you find these adorable little Yotsubas!

3 Likes

I’ve been entirely useless today… It’s obviously all on me but I’d like to lay some of the blame on AGDQ and some on the person in POLLs who recommended Deaths Door… I’ve got a headache from playing too long:/ Bah. If my headache goes away soon then I’ll at least do Anki and Wanikani today, and I’ll get back on the horse tomorrow regardless :upside_down_face:

🍀🍀🍀here, crop as needed:🍀🍀🍀

5 Likes

You and me both! I whittling away at my mountain of reviews today, but aside from that I just want to read some sort of easy Japanese to keep up with the challenge! Hope your headache goes away pronto! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face:

Let’s both do better tomorrow :muscle::triumph:

3 Likes

Death’s Door was such a fun game! I watched the run on AGDQ too; it’s absolutely wild just how out of order they ended up playing it. Speed runs are amazing.

Glad you’re into it, headaches aside. And you’ve gotta hold onto that image for when you reach the Death levels, haha.

4 Likes

I couldn’t watch the speed run ‘cause 1:15AM but I’m looking forward to watching the VOD after I’ve beaten the game:) Not so much looking forward to the Death levels based on your comment:p

2 Likes

Oof yeah timezones. It happened to be a nice enough time where I am. Worth waiting to not spoil bosses, anyway.

Ehh they’re not so bad! Death is death, that’s all. Other than 21 being weirdly hard. I saw a thread about hardest level and it came up a lot – lo and behold, it’s my lowest accuracy level. But once I got going in the death levels I’ve rather liked them, they have a lot of useful kanji I could either immediately start putting into practice in reading or that I recognize already from stuff I’ve read.

2 Likes

Just wanted to check in and see how :four_leaf_clover: is coming along! Hope everything is well in general too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s going well enough🙃 I should be reading page 17 tomorrow (although I’m not sure I’ll be able to finish it tomorrow). Btw, do you remember what you made of this sentence on page 13 “変なもん持てくなよ”?

My headache yesterday wasn’t from playing Death’s Door for too long, it was my old pall the 30+ hours of abstinence caffeine withdrawal headache :joy::sob: I’d forgotten to drink coffee and it was too late to get my fix by the time I realized what was happening so I just had to suffer through it:/ I’m fine now tho:)

Today I did my Wanikani and Anki routine, and I’ve spent some time with よつば🍀. It’s 00:00 now tho so it seems I won’t have time to watch any Cure Dolly or anime today… Watching AGDQ is something I look forward to every winter so I’m allowing it to eat some significant chunks of my week now😌

1 Like

Let’s see… it appears you have a couple things missing from that sentence…
Here’s what I have from pg. 13 in that box: 変なもん持ってくんなよ

• missing the small tsu between 持 and て
  • missing the ん between く and な
  • My general “interpretation” would be something like “pudding is a weird thing to have, don’t bring it!” for their house warming thing… the よ adding emphasis grammatically. Could be way off, but it seems to make some sense there between dad and jumbo after their conversation inside about it.

:open_mouth:
Wow, I don’t drink much caffeine, so I can’t imagine! I’ve heard of this many times though. I have 2 pots of green tea or 2 pots of jasmine tea a day, swapping days. I know they contain a little caffeine, but not much to get me to that point! :grimacing:

Yay! Happy for you, and glad you are close to being caught up with :four_leaf_clover: (I like typing that much more than よつばと! :laughing:) It can be our code-emoji! For me, spending time on the forum eats a lot of time up, but I honestly need the break from studying. I want to do everything, but I can’t cram my brain that much. It’s always a relief to drop the computer and open a book at the end of the day :relieved:

3 Likes

Sorry for my lacking transcription skills, this happens from time to time (probably in my previous “translation/interpretation” posts as well.

I didn’t catch any mention of pudding inside tho :sweat_smile: it’s just suddenly “That’s a weird thing to have, don’t bring it” “but I like pudding and I have great taste in desserts” :face_with_monocle:, so I guess maybe we skipped some conversation between the panels?

It’s pretty bad as migraines go, and painkillers only have a limited effect, but I’m bringing it on myself so I shouldn’t complain too much:/

Sure, I’m happy to be catching up with :four_leaf_clover: as well:)

Yes! Breaks are important, let’s not over exert ourselves🙃

2 Likes

Oof, yeah, I have a few coffees each day and if I don’t I get headaches, too. Never gonna quit though.

It seems like you go this right! I’m doing this totally without context based only on what you wrote here, but assuming the pudding thing is the context, haha.

In case you’re getting the meaning but skipping the details, and just for anyone’s benefit:

変: strange
な: used with “na adjectives”
もん: contraction of もの: thing
持ってくん: 持ってくる, to bring/take along/etc, often when the next sound is an ん, る can contract down to ん.
な: this is a fairly strong negative command form, “don’t do.” This is a tricky one you have to watch out for because if な is after the dictionary form (as it is here, though it doesn’t look like it with the contraction!) means DON’T DO, but if it’s after the masu stem it’s short for なさい and means DO. Took me a while to remember that.
よ: the よ sentence ending particle

So yeah, with no context: “Don’t bring strange things”

6 Likes

HAHA yes sometimes I’m just at a loss, and as you put so eloquently the other day, interpretation is all we’ve got :slight_smile:

Hey, just take care of yourself. I eat those words daily!

3 Likes

Thank you for this, it’s probably going to take me a while to internalize it but it’ll be a great help to be aware of it:)

4 Likes

:joy:

THANK YOU DAISOUJOU!

I knew I was struggling with this too, along with many other things. Your breakdown is VERY helpful, and I hope for Beyond_Sleepy as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely, and probably more so after a good night’s sleep (it’s 00:39 now💤).

See you tomorrow

2 Likes

:joy:

I LOVE these pictures you are finding of :four_leaf_clover: and your sleepiness!!!

2 Likes