Beginners looking to pm?

Hi! First off, I’ve never made a post, so if I did it wrong feel free to dislike.

Anyway - with pms enabled, I was wondering if anybody would like to have a conversation in Japanese together. It could be anyone, but if I’m honest, I couldn’t keep up with an intermediate or expert level person. Y’all are free to pm each other as well, of course!
Who knows, maybe we’ll even make friends! Of course, がんばって!

Hi @waterworks88, have you had a look at the the Japanese only category yet?

I have a bit, but it all seems a bit complicated at first glance! Plus, I want to have a one on one conversation. But, I’ll definitely check it out more!

The advantage of having a conversation on the forum is that our resident native Japanese WK employee (Mami) and advanced users can watch and offer corrections if the opportunity is there. A conversation between two beginners can only go so far and then they might not be able to confidently help one another.

If you want to practice Japanese one-on-one and make it a productive use of time, there are tons of Japanese people willing to chat. You usually just have to agree to some English time as well.

That’s a good point that I didn’t think about. Stupid question, but I wouldn’t be shamed for messing up sometimes, right?

It’s very unlikely that anyone would be less than helpful with regard to mistakes on the Japanese Only board.

That doesn’t mean it isn’t embarrassing to be corrected, but you have to get over that to make progress.

Beginners looking to PM? ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

6 Likes

I’d love to have you all over at my thread, “Japanese Only Chat For Total Beginners”. It had a few issues with people writing in English and derailing conversations, and ended up stalling. I’ve been eagerly awaiting some fresh blood to rejuvenate the thread and get it back up and running! :slight_smile:

1 Like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That’s great to hear. I have some anxiety about upsetting someone or something, but it sounds like a very nice place. Perhaps when I have some more vocabulary under my belt!

Ahh, that sounds wonderful! I’ll definitely bookmark it and maybe even work up the courage to send some messages, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.