(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll try to fit Nara in. I suck with animals but deer are pretty cute so that sounds good. As far as Kyoto’s concerned, the only concrete plan I have is to do the hike thing that has all the tori gates you pass through.

I had the most fun around shinjuku - there’s just so much going on that it’s easy to adlib. Plus I just like Japanese fashion so I got to see a lot of that going around. People watching is interesting there. I noticed there’s this weird thing going on with girls wearing like eyepatches as part of their outfit.

Most of the time over the last month I was at my language school doing like 5 hours a day. I wish I learned how to order food in Japanese before coming here :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ah yeah, the fushimi inari shrine or whatever. I burned the frick outta my face eating some hot ass takoyaki last time I visited that shrine.

hows the language school going?

And who needs to know how to order when you can just go to matsuya and not interact with anyone :100:

1 Like

Konbini4life
Look cashier in the eyes. Nod at every question. If you’re feeling brave, you can even hit them with the arigatou gozaimasu

Was kind of awkward at first because I was put in the advanced class and I literally don’t speak Japanese

I feel like I got a lot better over the weeks - could do impromptu stuff decently. I think the language schools are more suited towards beginners because part of the experience is the community and stuff. Beginner classes had about 15-25 students while mine only had four other people.

I’d say that 1 on 1 tutoring through italki or something is about as effective though if you don’t care for meeting people

It’s fun though. Of the four people in that class we had one goth loli and a Czech guy who was permanently drunk

6 Likes

What does “pool size” do in the review options?
Is that how many “active” words can be chosen from during review sessions?

It’s how big the pool of SRS items the SRS can pick from is. It’s like how in wanikani even if you have 200 review items it only flips between like 7 of them at once. You can also set it to 1 and you’ll get back to back reading/meaning questions.

1 Like

The real highlight of the Japan trip

F
L
O
W
E
R
S

5 Likes

Sorry, I’ve got another quick question here:

Isn’t there supposed to be a breakdown of upcoming reviews underneath the profile info on the left? Where’d it go?

Edit: It seems to only vanish when selecting “Find Words.” Clicking on any other option to the right restores the schedule

1 Like

Thanks, was able to reproduce it. It’s definitely a bug.

I just landed back home today so I’ll start working again tomorrow. I’ll probably have most of the work that’s been piling up done before the end of the week.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks!!

1 Like

@Raionus Well, the second definition isn’t the relevant one in 魔法少女育成計画 (:upside_down_face:), but it looks like you’re not handling the encoding correctly.

Also, on the “temp 2” page that shows the items available to learn, can you add the arrows to go the next page of items at the bottom of the page too? Sometimes I scroll through the items to see what’s coming up or try to trash stuff, and I have to scroll back up to the top to go to the next page.

2 Likes

That is a recipe for disaster

1 Like

What about it exactly

2 Likes

A terrible misunderstanding.

プレイをしましょう!

7 Likes

Just want to check, but is floflo down at the moment?

Edit: and it started working again just as I asked

1 Like

@Raionus if you search kagami no kojou your picture comes up

13 Likes

I’m finally internet famous

9 Likes

Update 9/21

Lessons

• Added a lessons learned counter @Kai_973
  • Added tooltips to add/trash/remove buttons
  • Removed invisible but clickable buttons (lmao)
  • Schedule box should appear when expected now

Books

• Added a clear cache button (for issues like when you visit the books page then log in, etc.)

Alchemizer

• Changing wk level automatically forces an update on the books list page (so that you’re unknown words are correct)
  • Removed arrows that cycle through the book selector/statistics/hel
    • Now uses a dedicated sidebar thing
  • Added a “to top” button @seanblue

Still working on some other stuff people asked for

10 Likes

I saw the “Learned” counter in the schedule and in the page for adding new words, which will definitely be great to have, so thanks again! :slightly_smiling_face:

But, now the schedule seems to have gone missing and I can’t get it to show up, no matter which items I click on or even if I reload the page :frowning:

1 Like

Made a change that might’ve fixed it. It will appear if you have reviews due now, in an hour, or within 23 hours. Before it only appeared if you had at least one review due now.

If that doesn’t fix it for you then drop me your username and I’ll test the database to see if there’s some unexpected values popping up or something.

2 Likes

Seems to be where it was before; it’s now hiding if I have “Find Words” expanded, otherwise it’s showing as intended.