Join the Beginner Book Club here!
Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread
Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 59: 春夏秋冬
Start Date: October 26th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 58
Next Chapter: Chapter 60
- Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
- When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
- I’m reading along
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
- I’m no longer reading the book
- I’m skipping this book
Not a hugely eventful chapter but lots of onomatopoeia words.
Here’s a list I compiled:
ほかほか / ぽかぽか pleasantly warm; nice and warm
ギラギラ glaringly; dazzlingly; blazingly
さやさや soft, light rustling (e.g. leaves in the wind)
うまうま (yummy) food (Children’s language)
さむさむ presumably 寒い (not found in jisho)
ぬくぬく snugly; cosily; warmly; comfortably
I couldn’t find a reference to the Aria related words with ぽよぽよ though, so just went with the flow on those ones.
Well that chapter was basically pointless. Hopefully the next two are more interesting.
Ah, you just don’t understand how amazing it is that Japa… uh, I mean, Neo-Venezia is the only country in the world with four seasons.
Still, I was amused by the chapter title’s furigana. And it’s a bit momentous in that I’m pretty sure it’s the first time we’ve seen Akari not wearing the cape on her uniform. What on Earth happened to her eyes on 289, though?
Isn’t that the sound effect they use to describe his stomach in other chapters?