Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 57: トラゲット

ariamasterpiece6

Start Date: October 12th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 56.5
Next Chapter: Chapter 58

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book
0 voters
3 Likes

I really liked the characters in this chapter. I hope we’ll see them again. (I don’t expect that we will have another chapter ever showing 灯里 joining the トラゲット though)

5 Likes

Yeah a bunch of new characters for Akari to inspire.

Couldn’t help googling…

3 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this chapter for a while - honestly think the anime version is one of my favourite episodes. Didn’t bring my book with me, though, so I’ll read it when I get home. :stuck_out_tongue:

I made a specific point of going to ride this exact traghetto when I visited Venice, but tragically it was raining that day, so they weren’t running. Also, the water was so high the dock was practically submerged - it wasn’t quite an acqua alta, but it wasn’t far off either.

On the topic of theme naming from last week

The full name of the girl from Himeya is あゆみ・K・ジャスミン

Meanwhile, the Orange Planet girls are アトラ・モンテヴェルディ and 夢野 杏 - along with Alice Caroll, I’m fairly sure the theme here is writers of various types (Claudio Monteverdi was a composer, Yumeno Kyūsaku is the pen name of Showa-era writer Sugiyama Taidō, Caroll is, of course, Lewis Caroll). I don’t quite get how Athena Glory fits that pattern, though.

4 Likes

So I guess it’s part of the job description that anyone who works for Himeya uses a single letter initial for their middle name as part of their title ? :grin:

4 Likes

Not quite - there’s a character mentioned in one of the Monthly Undine magazines (which I’d quite like to read someday) who has two initials. Probably stole the second one from another character mentioned in the same magazine with none at all. President Hime’s middle initial, incidentally, is M. ヒメ・M・グランチェスタ.

1 Like

Apparently Anzu is the Akari of that group. :laughing:

So…

We made it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, finally reading time.

Page 207, forth panel, just how is that supposed to sound in real life? Akari’s putting on a series of funny voices? I checked the anime version, but she only says 私 the one time.

(Speaking of the anime, the Singles’ gathering scene shows characters wearing uniforms with green, cyan and purple highlights, which I’m pretty sure are never seen outside of this episode… that I can recall, at least. One wonders which companies those belong to.)

I confess I’m not completely sure what Akari learns from the experience that benefits her work at Aria Company…

3 Likes

It teaches her not to fail her test so she doesn’t end up in that position permanently? Though being Akari, she’d find enjoyment in it anyway.

3 Likes