Join the Beginner Book Club here!
Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread
Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 52: 自分ルール
Start Date: September 7th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 51
Next Chapter: Chapter 53
- Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
- When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
- I’m reading along
- I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
- I’m no longer reading the book
- I’m skipping this book
So I learned from odd furigana in this chapter that けんけん means hopscotch.
Heh. Maa-kun on page 40, second panel. (Also, Hime’s on Akari’s shoulder in the first panel, while Aria’s on Aika’s head.)
I kinda like the font on 42.
And done. That was a pretty easy read, yeah.
So, if けんけん is hopscotch, and じゃんけん is scissors-paper-rock, then what’s じゃんじゃん?
Though, Jisho says hopscotch is けんけんぱ - けんけん is just hopping on one foot. And I can see where it’s coming from, because in hopscotch, sometimes you land on both feet.
Boi, I feel like it took only five minutes to read this chapter
Loved the brush effect on the rule name
For a second I was like “I’m not even going to bother trying to read that”. And then a few seconds later I was like “Oh wait, that was easy to read”.