Aria the Masterpiece Home Thread

Aria the Masterpiece Chapter 45.5: 人造人間

ariamasterpiece5

Start Date: July 20th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 45
Next Chapter: Chapter 46

Vocabulary List

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for content that would be considered a spoiler.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page, panel, and speech bubble. Be sure to mention if you are reading a version other than Aria the Masterpiece.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this chapter yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

3 Likes

Uh, ok, this chapter is ridiculously short. Would it make sense to read the next chapter as well, or are we just taking it easy (again) this week?

3 Likes

Let’s take it easy. I think most people are reading more than one book at the moment.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this chapter. So much cuteness!

Regarding the last page - this is from Wikipedia: In certain parts of Eastern Asia, particularly in Chinese culture, Korean culture, Japanese culture and Vietnamese culture, a sneeze without an obvious cause was generally perceived as a sign that someone was talking about the sneezer at that very moment. This can be seen in the Book of Songs (a collection of Chinese poems) in ancient China as early as 1000 BC, and in Japan this belief is still depicted in present-day manga and anime. In China, Vietnam, South Korea, and Japan, for instance, there is a superstition that if talking behind someone’s back causes the person being talked about to sneeze; as such, the sneezer can tell if something good is being said (one sneeze), something bad is being said (two sneezes in a row), even if someone is in love with them (three sneezes in a row) or if this is a sign that they are about to catch a cold (multiple sneezes).

5 Likes

Much cuteness indeed.

Only had to look a couple of things up.
掏り替わって
匿って

1 Like

Hehehe, this chapter made me smile ^^ Tiny Akatsuki is pretty adorable
Also, it seemed like this chapter was much lighter on narration, which was nice.

I guess this isn’t really part of the chapter, but I’m also dying over 3-year-old Akari on the between-chapter page xD

4 Likes

I’ve seen that trope in so many anime there’s no way for me not to know it by now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Three-year-old Akari is kinda terrifying. And his mother is the absolute spitting image of Aika with short hair… and also looks far too young to have given birth to Akatsuki’s elder brother.

Hah. The chapter title’s furigana is レプリカント.

4 Likes

isn’t that most Japanese people?

Didn’t notice that until you mentioned it :laughing:

That was a short and silly chapter, and I think that’s about all I had to say about it.

Cool to get some backstory for one of the characters, even if something tells me it maybe won’t be too relevant in the future

3 Likes