Are there any Verb programs?

I use Genki I as my primary resource for grammar and WaniKani as my primary resource for kanji. I’ve been stuck on the very basic verb forms for quite a long time and can’t seem to make it stick (even remembering which are ru and u when they’re not obvious, etc.). Are there any resources that quiz you on verbs? When I try to make flashcards myself, I can’t think of the proper way to format them to study effectively.

5 Likes

Yeah there are a couple of verb conjugation quiz tools:

26 Likes

It’s not really a paid for course, it’s more like a webpage with how to classify the verbs and different verb forms, and there is a few quizzes in there too

3 Likes

It may be too broad for your request, but I’ve found that using Bunpro for general grammar has helped a lot with drilling in verb forms too.

2 Likes

Not as good as some of the other sites mentioned but the Genki site is decent because it uses words you’re familiar with.

I prefer something like Don’s Japanese Conjugation Drill so that you can work on more than one type of ‘conjugation’ at a time but the Genki site may allow you to ease into it better.

1 Like

I second Don’s drill website. I use it quite a bit and it’s really helped me nail down verb forms.

1 Like

Try this app. It’s been a game changer for me. I also had troubles with verbs, but even a few hours of using this app got me to another level.

You basically create quizzes for yourself by choosing the JLPT level and the tenses you want to practice. I hope you enjoy it!

Upd: It seems to be pretty similar to some of the other suggested resources. Gotta try those ones too :0

1 Like

Ohhh Katsu looks amazing! Thank you.

Does someone else have the issue of half of the furigana being hidden behind the top bar?

so far I haven’t found how to do reviews.

There is an option but under Support, but it takes me to google play store.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.