(9) - Updated the meaning mnemonic.

(10) - Updated the meaning mnemonic.

(13) - Updated the meaning mnemonic.

(31) - Added “tusk” to the allow list.

shuriken (35) - Added “throwing star” to the allow list.

Kanji

(43) - Added “pipe” as an alternative meaning.

(38) - Added “evade” to the allow list.

(37) - Added “bury” to the allow list.

(39) - Added “humble” to the allow list.

Vocabulary

(43) - Updated the meaning explanation.

考える (5) - Updated a context sentence.

向ける (9) - Added “to make face towards” and “to face something towards” to the allow list, and added “to face towards” to the warning list.

(24) - Added one context sentence.

一層 (24) - Added “even more” as an alternative meaning, added “far more”, “a lot more”, “more than ever” and “still more” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

凍結 (28) - Added “freezing” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

(36) - Added “tusk” as an alternative meaning.

効力 (25) - Added “effect”, “validity” and “in force” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

乗り換える (38) - moved “to transfer trains” to the allow list, added “to change”, “to change something” and “to transfer something” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

貸し (29) - Added “rent”, “hire”, “for rent” and “for hire” to the allow list, and added a context sentence.

時候 (25) - Added “weather” as an alternative meaning, updated the meaning explanation, and added two context sentences.

辞職 (23) - Added “resign”, “resigning” and “quit” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

延長 (30) - Added “prolongation”, “extending”, “prolong”, “extend”, “lengthen” and “lengthening” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

伸ばす (38) - Moved “to stretch” to the allow list, added “to stretch out”, “to extend something”, “to extend”, “to lengthen something” and “to lengthen” to the allow list, and added a context sentence.

尋問 (31) - Added “question”, “examination”, “examine”, “interrogation” and “interrogate” to the allow list.

期限 (25) - Added “deadline” as an alternative meaning, moved “period” to the allow list, added “time limit” to the allow list, updated the meaning explanation, and added a context sentence.

鎮魂 (55) - Added “giving repose”, “give repose”, “repose of the souls of the dead”, and “repose of departed souls” to the allow list, and added two context sentences.

全然 (13) - Added “at all” to the allow list.

21 Likes

Take this the right way, but I sense some criticism has hit home and gone to work??

Obviously these are creative and informational things and all are hard to get down.
Fabulous on the WK team to own that process and to just make improvements for us all! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

3 Likes

Would it be possible in the future to order the changes by level (at the very least in each category)? I like to see what changed in all the things I’ve learned and ordering them by level would make it easier to do that.

4 Likes

Thank you, Jenny!

2 Likes

Can you add capability or talent as synonyms for 幹? These synonyms seem to make more sense for words like Shinkansen than tree trunk.

1 Like

That is wrong though, according to Jisho:

Noun

1. (tree) trunk; (arrow) shaft; (tool) handle; backbone; base​
1 Like

Thank you Jenny!

With my aging brain and durtling journey through WK, I appreciate the meaning reminders on the radicals.

2 Likes

Forgot it was Thursdays again :slightly_frowning_face:

In the second context sentence for (24), the way it appears is in my opinion a separate vocabulary word:

どうして日本人は血液型をそんなに気にするんですか?
Why do Japanese people care about blood types so much?

血液型 = けつえきがた

and the かた pronunciation even rendakus to がた.

Not sure if that was the old or new sentence, but it doesn’t make much sense to me to have it there as an example sentence for the vocabulary word 型(かた).

Perhaps some better options that could be worked into sentences:

型にはまったヒーロー
a stereotypical hero

型を考案する
develop a model

~には基本的に_つの型がある
there are __ fundamental types of ~

Kumi, Sayaka, Jenny, thank you!
:smirk:

3 Likes

Yes, I’ll do my best to remember to change the order before posting!

@Zachary0147 you mean for the kanji 幹 (rather than the vocabulary), is that right?

@deliana88 we’ll look into that!

To clarify. I mean the kanji, not the word. Jisho says it can also be read as talent or capability.

Yes, that’s correct. This reading and reading it as main part also helps with understanding words like 基幹

1 Like