Anyone else get 28/30 Kanji unlocked in the first round of a new level?

Anyone else keep having this happen to you?

After I complete a level, the system gives me 28 out of the 30 kanji required to advance the level. Last level, I got 29/30 in the first round.

Its a little annoying because I’d rather get them in equal-ish batches for my sanity OR just give me the extra 2 kanji so I can finish the level in half the time. It doesn’t make sense to me spend 4 days on the first 28 kanji and then another 4 days to get the last 5 to finish the level.

Here’s my understanding:

You need 90% of them gurud to level.
Progress is shown in the desktop render as shown below:

So, in terms of your question, if you have some radicals still to guru, you won’t get the kanji featuring those radicals until you have them gurud.

Yeah, the graphic shows the cut off in order to level. Basically everything except 3 kanji. I can’t say I get the argument with the radicals though. If I were to fudge the radicals, but guru the kanji then I would still get the new kanji unlocked. At least I think so…

1 Like

About 25% of the levels do give you enough kanji in the first wave to finish in 3 days, 10 hours. People usually call these the short levels. They are mostly at the end, probably because going at that pace is very difficult. It means always having close to 300 apprentice items.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed that in people’s wanistats screenshots. These 85% upfront levels are just teases though :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

As you continue WaniKani, there are fewer and fewer new radicals. This results in more kanji being unlocked right away when you level up. Nothing you can really do about it.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. I wish WK had chose to move the radical around a bit so that we would indeed get short levels most of the way.

That being said, I also understand that there’s a risk of enabling people to just burn out by allowing them to go at the crazy pace… still, I feel that after 10-15 levels people should have enough experience to know which pace they can manage…

1 Like

300 apprentice items? I though 170 was way to much… :S

Fast levels allow you to go at twice the speed. So twice the item count as well. Take whatever number of apprentice items you have now, double it, and voila, that’s you on a fast level (nb: you don’t have to go faster even if the option exists, obviously)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.