Any ways to recognise unreadable fonts?

So my problem is in the screenshot below, i basically can’t recognise most of these kanji’s
Are there anyone who can read this? How do yo do this? Give me any hints
I know that it’s just settings and you can understand it intuitively, but for me it will be useful skill to be able to recognise any of weird fonts or handwritings in further

Studying how to write yourself is a big help in reading many fonts that seek to emulate some form of writing. If you understand the stroke order and composition, it’s easier to make reasonable assumptions about what you’re looking at.

And yes, I can read it. For instance the first option area is 文字表示速度 with a bar from 遅い to 速い

4 Likes

I absolutely cant see here 文…
So you practiced writing a lot, or it just came with a lot of experience?

The bottom two strokes (the cross part) are just separated from the rest.

2 Likes

It helps to recognize that it’s basically the lid radical with an x below it, at the core. They just made it a stubby x.

I practice writing a lot, because it’s one of my favorite things about Japanese.

1 Like

I can read it because the only kanji I know which looks like that is 文. Maybe there are no kanji’s that look like that.

EDIT: Overall, I think you’ll get used to it as you get more exposure.

2 Likes

Well then it’s probably a good time to shake the dust off my kanji notebook

I used the Jitai font randomizer user script to practice reading non-computer typefaces.

4 Likes

Yeah thx that you reminded me about this script, it’s will help a lot too

1 Like

What is this from? Looks fun

すきま桜とうその都会
I’m not so far yet, but for now plot looks like really interesting and strange in some ways
But it’s basically story about siblings forbidden love so i don’t think there are a lot of people who like something like this

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.