Ah! Everything looks different!

I don’t hate the colors, but it’s jarring when your color cues completely change. I was thinking somehow my answers were being marked wrong since I didn’t get the expected color for a correct answer.

10 Likes

The ultimate sadness. :cry:

2 Likes

Ooooo when you click level, radicals, vocab, kanji, and account, it shows it in japanese!
Somebody make a new script so its like that permanently please. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

A
Can’t say I like the new green…

8 Likes

I had like 200 in my queue when this changed happened, so at least that

I use @valeth’s Dark Breeze to give the site a nice dark theme, but now it looks like this:

:frowning:

Edit: I wish there was an option to use the legacy layout… then everyone’d be happy… maybe.

19 Likes

Ultimate timeline isn’t working!! The colors are too bright as well

2 Likes

I seriously get the same feeling from this as when you go inside after a bright sunny day, and everything’s dark and discolored. Everything’s an off-shade that just doens’t look as good.

When you get something wrong, the red-on-red text really doesn’t seem to have enough contrast either.

Anyone know what the old color codes were?

7 Likes

Seriously thought my monitor colors broke when my reviews suddenly looked slightly different from the ones I did just a few minutes earlier. Then I thought I activated Wanikani colorblind mode or something. I think I mostly like the new design, but I notice that I doesn’t display your level right on the front page anymore, you now have to click on “Account”. I think I liked that better as it was before.

5 Likes

Timeline’s working for me, at least.

I’m pretty sure this is just a CSS change.

There’s no way this background/text contrast ratio is accessible

31 Likes

HA! I’M ALREADY LEVEL 60!

HANDLE THAT, COMMONERS!

27 Likes

Same for mobile users. That’s unfortunate

2 Likes

I don’t mind the colors, but I really do not like the extra click required to get to lessons and reviews.

Previously the buttons were always visible on the upper left. Now if your screen is not wide enough (e.g. mobile device or non-maximized computer window) you have to click on the hamburger menu to show the buttons for reviews and lessons.

6 Likes

Those words(level, radical, lessons, aprentice, to name a few) should be permanently changed to Japanese when a word is learned. After a while, much of the site would be in Japanese, that would be cool.

20 Likes

14 Likes

I love the new logo and design, but the colors are too bright for me.

3 Likes

You’re saying that as if you’re not doing reviews here still :upside_down_face: :eyes:

6 Likes

So… is there any alternative to the Self-Study-Quiz other than https://wanikanitoanki.com/ ?
I don’t even know how to handle lessons without it anymore :sob:

pls no D:  

1 Like