Adding Lessons to a Separated List "aka Favorites"

Hello guys, encounter sometimes the problem that i confuse similiar looking Kanji with older ones i learned in the previous lessons. I often want them to add them in a separated list, so i have all items that i think personaly struggling or get confused the most to learn them by my own. Does the default Wanikani program provide such an option? Or if not is there a Script for such a Matter out there? I know that i could look them up separatly in the wk library, but thats not a convinient solution, atleast for me. Thanks in advance for the help.

Well, perhaps not as handy as what you’re proposing (meaning full manual control), there is the Item Inspector Script that I personally use a lot, which keeps track of your leeches -

There’s also the Leech Trainer that creates a session of 10 items you’ve failed, but then proceeds to throw similar looking items at you to see if you react!

It’s great for training interference which you describe - but you don’t get manual control over the process here.

Still, both are great ways to go after trouble items. And the fact that you don’t have to do any manual tracking of items can also be seen as a boon (less work for you).

In any case, I wish you good luck with your studies! :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of these might be what you’re looking for.

1 Like

What @ekg said. Disclosure: I am the author of Item Inspector

Item Inspector offers this feature. You need to enable the Item List optional filter and refresh your browser.

itemlist

This will cause these filters to appear in the list of filters.

itemlist2

You type your troublesome items in these filters and Item Inspector will display them ready for study.

A few tips on how to use these filters.

• You should create a table for each set of items you need to group with the “New” button shown below. The filters settings are on a table basis. Creating different tables will ensure you don’t mess up a useful table with extraneous settings.

itemlist3

• You must match the item elements you have listed with a selection in the Item List filter. For example if you only have kanji and vocabulary items listed you need to exclude radicals in your selection. The reason is if you dont do this you will have your table polluted with all radicals in existence.

itemtype

• You may study your listed items with Self Study Quiz by clicking one of the quiz buttons.
4 Likes

Thanks for the extra info! Your script is getting better and better! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.