Add more synonyms?

Based off of reading the entire thread, and some educated guessing on my part.

It does not appear that it would be possible to increase the synonym limit. Consider that each synonym added has to be stored somewhere. By default this is on the WK servers.

With that in mind, here are the suggestions that I can think of given that time to type is an issue:

1. Use a script like double-check, ignore, or a variant (I don’t use scripts so I apologize for not having a suggestion.
  2. Create 1-4 short synonyms that are easier to type to minimize time needed for slower deliberate strokes
  3. Create a document containing spellings for words that this is a common issue for; obvieously would only be efficient with 2+ monitors and a relatively short list
  4. Create a macro/hotkey for words that are too arduous to type; this is the shortest way but will be limited by your knowledge of macro creation (easy to look up) and the number of key combinations used for the macro.
  5. Create a script that somehow overcomes the necessary limitations on synonym quantity limits. This will be limited by your knowledge of coding in an API compatible language. I am not sure how complex this particular script would have to be; could be as simple as having the synonyms reference a document stored on your device. My coding experience is limited to basic HTML5 and CSS so someone else could probably provide better guidance.

I apologize for the repeat suggestions but my goal was to provide the most comprehensive list I can think of.

If you do decide you want to learn some form of coding and try to tackle this issue code academy and w3schools provide decent free courses on several coding languages.

I hope this post helps and I wish you the best of luck and selecting an adequate solution.

6 Likes

I think it would be fairly simple. Just store the synonyms locally and compare with the given answer when user submits.

@MacMalarkey what are your thoughts on the above options? If The above options seem insufficient, go ahead and say and maybe we can come up with a different solution.

Double check seems to be the best option so far. It’s not ideal, but it should work.

1 Like

Yeah, probably a synonym like “hospy”.

Learn how to spell and realize 5 seconds instead of 2 isn’t wasting time

1 Like

It could be a challenge for people with dyslexia or other similar conditions. But yeah, I’m glad WK doesn’t put a countdown timer when we have to answer.

3 Likes