Add more synonyms?

Getting every character correct is the defining feature of great spelling/typing. It hurts my brain to read your words. >.<

15 Likes

Increasing your typing skill is not the point of WaniKani.

So just add one synonym which is short. “Hospn” should do it.

It’s not rocket surgery. :wink:

6 Likes

Wasn’t there a guy who was gonna add the first letter of every word as a synonym to save himself time.

10 Likes

I have done that. Did you look at the picture?

He can’t stop his wild fingers in time to stick to that one.

9 Likes

I am a big fan of typing the shortest synonym possible.
PE
CV
STD
:joy:

3 Likes

It’s not RS.

No, but maybe it’s a side benefit.

9 Likes

That’s not what I’m interested in. You are not contributing to the discussion.

People have already given you viable suggestions. Either use the Double Check script to mark your spelling errors as correct or use the Anki Mode script (not Anki itself) to mark yourself right or wrong without typing at all. Both of those suggestions are significantly better than adding dozens of synonyms to handle all the possible ways you might misspell a word.

6 Likes

What you are looking for does not appear to exist. Sometimes we can’t get exactly what we want and have to make due with what’s out there (or find a way to make what we want). Either way, there’s no reason to snap at people who offer solutions

2 Likes

I haven’t snapped at anyone who was seriously trying to be helpful. I only snap at people who are being condescending and derailing the conversation. Please read through this thread again.

This guy’s threads are always so fun to read.

6 Likes

Since OPs question has been more-or-less answered (No, there’s no current way to add more synonyms), and some alternative options have been proposed, I’m closing this thread before it goes farther off-topic and becomes an argument about typing, spelling, or whatever else. @MacMalarkey, if you’d like the thread re-opened, you can email me at the hello@wanikani.com address and we can talk about it.

13 Likes

I’m re-opening the thread per OPs request in case someone has a potential workaround for his situation. Anyone behaving rudely or making personal attacks will be subject to moderator action.

5 Likes

Since we’re all pretty sure there’s no way to add more synonyms, have you considered maybe just adding a shortened version of the word? So, in the case of your example, you could add “hosp”. “Hosp” would be much easier on the fingers than typing out the entire, long word, which seems to be a major point of what you’re trying to accomplish, unless I’m mistaken. Would that help?

Edit : Apologies, it looks like someone already suggested something quite similar above. My bad.

1 Like

There is not.

I mean, can’t you just ask the devs if this is possible without a change on their side? Presumably they could tell you if it’s a front end restriction or a back end restriction.

Apparently it’s a hard-limit, so the synonym cap can’t be raised via script. I’ve edited my post accordingly.

4 Likes