Access to example sentances

Is there a way of seeing the example sentences other than within the lessons? I feel they would really help my reading practise to have a go at them every now and then

Hope you can help

Angela

1 Like

Perhaps the great @Kumirei would be willing to help out :crabigator:

3 Likes

I think you have an extension that buts that extra option on the dashboard? I don’t have it

1 Like

I don’t know what an anki deck is! but I do know how to google it :slight_smile: or apkg, I do know csv!

But I will start that learning curve with an email

thank you

Angela

2 Likes

No, I don’t, it’s standard WaniKani interface.
At the very top of the page

I’ve even turned off tampermonkey and reloaded the page before making this screenshot

2 Likes

lol, fooled me with the Japanese, so much to learn

thanks I see it now. I was thinking of just a file with the sentences in, rather than just a few within each Vocab listing

1 Like

They have already offered! Is Anki called AnkiDroid on PlayStore?

1 Like

Btw, you might also consider buying this:

https://store.tofugu.com/shop/4500-japanese-sentences

2 Likes

I have that, it has proved rather difficult for me. As it does not seem to be in the level order. I feel the example sentences would be more achievable?

3 Likes

I think anki droid is indeed the phone version.

Anki is free SRS deck creation software. So if you have Anki intsalled on PC or phone, you can make your own SRS flash cards, or import a deck someone else pre-made. Like the WK sentences deck Kumi made. You don’t have to SRS the WK example sentences if you don’t want to, of course.

It may turn out not be an ideal solution for what you’re looking for, but it was just the first thing that popped into my head about having other access to the sentences.

1 Like

There is also this fairly new script that puts an example sentence into your review session (that’s also a way to increase your own reading). ^^ (though, I installed it as an extra help for difficult items, that a bit of context might help you remember)

2 Likes

A nice user on here called @aravk33 also made an online tool called sakubun that might interest you too- you can set it to your wanikani level and it will give you example sentences with only the kanji you’ve learned so far.

It isn’t totally bulletproof since you might not know all the meanings of these kanji, or the non-kanji words, but I’ve found it really helpful for some extra low-effort reading practice: Quiz | Sakubun

3 Likes

You can get access here to make a deck, the sentences are ~5 years old so there have been some updates since then but at +6800, it’s plenty to work with.

https://community.wanikani.com/t/wanikani-context-sentences/15226

1 Like

Thank you all, I have the sentences on Anki and a .csv file looks perfect for what I was hoping for, I hope to work at it consistently!

What a great community, I have always got the help I needed

Angela

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.