5000 Burns Party

I know there are other active burn topics but Walnut’s 5000 Burned Items Celebration Thread got archived and that’s the one I’ve been dreaming of posting in since it was originally created in October of 2015 when I was a WK infant and never in a million years thought I would actually make it to 5000 burns.

Also 5000 burns feels like – the beginning of the final stretch, or something!

23 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

So many sick burns! Excellent work! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Siiiiick!!! Nice one

2 Likes

But I’m gonna stop burning stuff until my Guru went down…

So this is Guru hell / Leech hell. (Sadly, not Idol hell.)

2 Likes

Omg I feel your pain it took me months to get the guru down below 500… 1500 guru is intense!

Hey that’s awesome!

5000 is a huge milestone and it only gets better from there :smiley:

おめでとうございます!:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

I’ve joined you.

5 Likes

I made it to 5000 today! :crabigator:

7 Likes

Juhu I’m finally also here :D. Took me long enough!

1 Like

Wow! I’m still waiting for my first burn. Seems like a mythical event at this point.

3 Likes

I joined the 5000+ burns club today with my 5018th burn!

6000 here I come…

7 Likes

Can I just say I’ve arrived now instead of waiting 4 hours for the next batch of burn reviews?

6 Likes

Yaaay!

1 Like

This came up on my phone as a notification and at first glance I thought it was a noob “why do I have to wait for reviews WK is too slow” comment :joy:

1 Like

It’s the high level version of that kind of post. :+1:

Edit: There we go.

11 Likes

Yay!

7 Likes

:fire::turtle::five::turtle::zero::turtle::zero::turtle::zero::turtle::fire::durtle_hello::sparkles:

9 Likes

as always mismis, my glorious!

oh and congrats OP ! Me trying to go to 2000 burn next month sigh

3 Likes

Happy belated 5000 burns for me…

… and a happy 5000 burns for all you other guys as well. Recently I’ve been ploughing through the core 10k WK breakdown on anki. There’s often 1000+ cards PER LEVEL. IT’S NUTS!!! So I have become a little blazé about my burns on WK. It’s a little sad, but it’s for the sake of learning so I’ll just have to accept it. But either way, 5000 burns is a great achievement in kanji learning. I may be fooling myself, this might not hold true in the long run, but I often encounter (never before seen) vocabs, which I manage to guess the meaning of pretty much right, because of the kanji they consist of and the vocab I’ve learned on WK.

2 Likes