2100 KaniWani reviews

Oh nooo xDDD

Let’s see how fast I can finish this. Starting… Now!

1 Like

Ready - Go!

just read this by chance yesterday, thought it might be fitting :smiley:
(page 163)

1 Like

Hahaha that’s so fitting!! :smiley:
It can only get less, right? If you don’t start, it won’t…

1 Like

exactly! Go go go! :smiley:

1 Like

I love these btw… hahahaha

1 Like

Haha, yeah. But aren’t you converting them to Kanji? I guess that could still be a mild challenge, or at least make you recognize the Kanji. Ah i think that’s what KameSame does, it forces you to input Kanji. But they’re about equal, i’m also not sure which of both i’d do.

Ah I’m only entering hiragana. Did not know that about KameSame! Never used it.
KW fills them in though…
I don’t have much trouble with recognizing kanji though. It goes surprisingly well (my prof in uni even told me I had a talent for it. Not to brag, it’s what he said).
I’m having a harder time with remembering readings.

1 Like

And… 527 done!!

1 Like

Good job!
By the way, since you talked about your uni prof, are you studying Japanology, or “just” taking language classes at uni?
I had a few classes in uni a few years ago, it was fun, but not very effective. I learned more in a few weeks of WK and Bunpro.
I also started Japanology in Vienna for fun, it was fun to learn from a few lectures, but since I didn’t enter the program formally, i wasn’t allowed to join the language classes, even though i was inscribed in a different program, bummer.

I did learn a few interesting things like Standard Japanese basically having been selected to be the dialect of 1920s Male Business Men from Tokyo.

1 Like

Thanks!
Nah that was 15 years ago… I studied Japanese for 3 years (which is a different language for drinking, partying and being severly depressed).

This.

LOL! Did not know that.

Okay, I just started the other half of the KW reviews.

1 Like

Oh, maybe I have finally found something I can help YOU with.

I found this very helpful

1 Like

Look what just showed up hahaha

Well, at least you can still have orgies on Kaniwani, haha.

that does looks really helpful and cool, thanks!
I keep failing Bunpro reviews because of wrong conjugation, haha.
Btw if you want to check the conjugation of one word, there’s Cooljugator.

One thing that trips me up a lot is the ない-form and whether to add ら or not when the verb ends in る. It’s supposed to be らない for る-verbs and just -ない for える and いる-verbs. I thought i spotted exceptions to that, but probably just overlooked the e or i in -eru or -iru verbs.

2 Likes

Oh wow that’s very helpful! Thanks :smiley:

Yeah it’s sometimes hard to see if a verb is -iru -eru or -ru. But I usually just check the “amount” of hiragana. If the e/i of -eru/-iru is corporated into the kanji, it’s usually an -ru verb and not a iru/eru verb. If you get what I mean.
And then it’s just mizenkei + nai.
Mizenkei (base form) of taberu is tabe.
Mizenkei of miru is mi.
Mizenkei of haru is hara.
I think it’s better to learn the bases, because they’re used for more stuff. And what you add, doesn’t change. +nai is the same for all three bases.

1 Like

I didn’t know the term Mizenkei, and i wouldn’t have expected hara to be a base form of haru, that really seems useful if it’s used for more forms, thanks <3

1 Like

Just like renyokei, which is used the most I think.
Renyokei of taberu is also tabe.
Renyokei of miru is also mi.
Renyokei of haru is hari.
You can find it for example with the polite form.
Tabemasu, mimasu, harimasu.

Yeah, i didn’t know the term Renyokei either, but i know it as the stem form and often consider it to build forms. Mizenkei i’ll have to check some theory on though.

1 Like

Hm I tried entering kanji in KW… But I can see if something is wrong before I press enter, it makes me too tempted to correct :stuck_out_tongue: So I’ll just keep entering hiragana for now and read the kanji when they appear.

1 Like

I solved the mystery of irregular -nai conjugation: most iru and eru verbs (vowel stem) don’t have ら in the nai-form (Wikipedia-summary of conjugations), but consonant-stem verbs like 切る do.

Apparently over half iru-verbs are consonant stem, while most eru-verbs are vowel stem.
(all verbs not ending in iru or eru are consonant stem as well).
Also, if the i in iru is not in okurigana (い), chances are high it’s consonant stem.

Now i just need to figure out and remember which iru end eru verbs are consonant stem ^^

1 Like