šŸ˜’ Stupid typos! Iā€™ve learned my lesson for sure!

UGH!!!

This is the first time I didnā€™t rely on the user script to help avoid typo errors. Iā€™m working on my iPad because Iā€™m not near my laptop at the momentā€¦ and the only two things I got wrong were 2 kanji. They were marked incorrect because I put ā€œtoā€ in front of the meaning rather than just using the word on its own. I wouldnā€™t be so annoyed if it didnā€™t mean that those two kanji are now 2 REVIEWS behind the rest! :unamused: At least thereā€™s good buffer room for mistakes so I can still level up in time.

I really wish that Apple allowed user scripts to run on safari. It would make this so much smoother since I canā€™t always be near my main computer. But Iā€™ve learned my lesson. I will just have to resort to waiting to use my main computer to avoid these silly errors.

I apologize for the rant. Needed to vent out to people who most likely have experienced the same thing haha

-GreekCupOTea

2 Likes

If you ever want to ā€œundoā€ a mistake without scripts at hand, you can just not complete the review. You can use page refreshes to continue to avoid that specific item. After 2 hours it will reset and forget your progress in the last session, as though it was a fresh review for that item. Of course, this still puts it a little behind time-wise, but itā€™ll be on the same SRS stage as other items.

2 Likes

Use Tsurukame.

7 Likes

Ah thank you! Definitely will have to use this tip if Iā€™m ever in a pinch again and need to use my other device.

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll look into this!

This is what I use. Luckily, my job allows - even ENCOURAGES - me to study at my desk. I do my reviews on my phone. My desk-buddy said it looks like I am just playing games and I should use the web version, like my predecessor did. Yeahā€¦no, Imma stick to my built-in scripts and semi-cheating thanks.

1 Like

I agree! Tsurukame is great. I fat finger some characters sometimes and then realized that the app accounts for the typos if close enough.

1 Like

Just started using it! Itā€™s an awesome alternative for when Iā€™m not near my main computer with scripts!! So glad this exists.

3 Likes

I second this! Getting notifications for when reviews are up are a life saver, and it gets me good practice using the Japanese keyboard on my phone.
Also itā€™s generally just great, a bunch of good features like built in fonts or being able to choose your review order. (Etc. Current level first)

The only word that wouldnā€™t show up in reviews for me on Tsurukame was 悤悮ćƒŖć‚¹äŗŗ. But maybe itā€™ll show up when itā€™s time to burn it. Kind of odd.

Yeah, same here. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a bug.

1 Like

Go through the settings as well. It provides a lot of the same functionality as many of the scripts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.