🔊 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🌈

:headphones: Home post // May 7 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Watched episode 2 of Hibike! Euphonium season 3.
Also watched a ton of Apex Legends streams lately.

6 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 6

5月7日 (火)

言語交換ch on 台湾茶

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 Ch.4 (5:50-6:11/8:43)

5月8日 (水)

Daily brief x2

言語交換 #265 日本語訳の台湾小説 and #273 パイナップルケーキ

Listened to a pianist from zero at age 50s, YouTube without looking at the screen.

Kurzgesagt with generated JP sub

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 Ch.4 (6:11-6:40/8:43)

6 Likes

Today’s vid suggested by the Youtube algorithm:

About some of the frustrations with teaching textbook Japanese, and a bit about wisteria
(and some happy bees that were determined to be on camera :honeybee:)

6 Likes

2024-05-07

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-05-07 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h15m
:robot: 十三機兵防衛圏 :video_game: RPG :arrow_forward: 2%
:computer: 0 → 2%
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 1h00m

Yesterday was some コツ practice, also as mentioned in the reading thread, trying out a new game. I’ll give today’s update tomorrow since I’ll play some more 13 sentinels tonight, but as a preview I’ve done two sessions of コツ today rather than my usual 1, and also watched a bunch of Dogen videos from his pitch accent lessons. I don’t think I’ll count them as listening practice as such but it’s worth mentioning as a related item in the text here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Today’s video:

Some listening but more answering along with the questions, and explanations of some grammar

6 Likes

:headphones: Home post // May 9 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Watched the last half of this:

7 Likes

Randomness from Jira (againnnnnnn)

I watched this GRWM, and I will admit I understood probably about 20% of what was said :sob:. So not a lot of progress made here, but at least I was entertained in the process.

6 Likes

Today’s listening:

About travelling in Hakone & Odawara + bonus cat

5 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 6

5月9日 (木)

YUYU, the latest episode

言語交換 #273 パイナップルケーキ

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 Ch.4 (6:40-6:57/8:43)

5月10日 (金)

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 Ch.4 (6:57-8:04/8:43)

5 Likes

2024-05-08 — 2024-05-08

2024-05-09 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h17m
:clapper: Games that Made Us: Yoshi-P & Soken :video_camera: Stream :white_check_mark: 1 Episodes :hourglass: 0h17m
2024-05-08 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 400 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h32m
:robot: 十三機兵防衛圏 :video_game: Game :arrow_forward: 5 % :hourglass_flowing_sand: 1h00m

As with the reading challenge, the way my schedule was worked out this week with 13 sentinels means I’m one day behind on updates. I did two コツ sessions on wednesday, just because I’m just on the verge of 70% accuracy which has me feeling like I’m making some progress on pitch accent for once.

I also had some slightly unexpected listening practice on Thursday - Square did an interview stream with Yoshi-P and Masayoshi Soken from FFXIV and FFXVI and so I listened to that in Japanese, which went ok. One of the goals I had been thinking of was being able to watch JP fanfest without waiting for the translations, and while I didn’t make it in time for that for Dawntrail, this was promising for being able to watch some of the live letters for dawntrail patches maybe.

6 Likes

:headphones: Home post // May 11 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

There was a super chill Kanae stream:

Now I also want to try playing that game.

6 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 6

5月11日 (土)

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 Ch.4 (8:04-8:43 end/8:43)

平成レトロ

5月12日 (日)

Daily brief x1

言語交換 #264 台湾の中正紀念堂

狼と香辛料 Vol.3 (6:33-7:29/9:46)

6 Likes

May 5-11

Good Morning Call episode 7-9, Romantic Killer episode 1-2, Old Enough episode 6

6 Likes

2024-05-10 — 2024-05-12

2024-05-12 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h15m
:imp: ロマンティック・キラー :tv: Anime
:durtle: (BAC)
:arrow_forward: 1 Episodes
:vhs: 4
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h25m
2024-05-11 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h14m
:imp: ロマンティック・キラー :tv: Anime
:durtle: (BAC)
:arrow_forward: 1 Episodes
:vhs: 3
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h25m
2024-05-10 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h25m
:robot: 十三機兵防衛圏 :video_game: Game :arrow_forward: 2% :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h25m

Some 13 sentinels, some コツ and this weeks BAC with Romantic Killer was my listening practice material this weekend.

7 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 7

5月13日 (月)

狼と香辛料 Vol.3 end Ch.4 (7:29-7:57/9:46)

Daily brief x2

言語交換 #274 母の日

6 Likes

Listened to three vids today:

The Heisei Retro vid that has already been shared here

A Youtube algorithm special about exploring Kameoka city + bonus cat
There wasn’t that much talking, and there’s built in JPN & ENG subs, but it was helpful to listen to more casual Japanese (also lots of great countryside)

And a vid from Sayuri’s podcast channel about learning English
This one is just talking, no vid (as in, just a static image) or subs, so it was a good test of pure listening power

6 Likes

:headphones: Home post // May 13 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Kanae did a part two of Potion Craft (watched 35 min). Seems like he did something with his PC setup (初期化した) and then he activated the eyetracker during the first 15 min of the stream so it was visible while he played the game. “Is it accurate? I’m looking right here. Hmm, a bit too high up”

I’ve never seen anyone do that before so very fun being able to see where the streamer is looking at the screen. For example while reading text or looking for something on the map. People in the chat were like “かわいい生き物みたいw” and I agree, it was cute looking at round blurb moving back and forth as if living its own life, haha.

7 Likes

2024-05-13

2024-05-13 :chart_with_downwards_trend: コツ :spiral_notepad: Study :arrow_forward: 200 Items :hourglass_flowing_sand: 0h15m
:robot: 十三機兵防衛圏 :video_game: Game :arrow_forward: 7%
:computer: 9% → 16%
:hourglass_flowing_sand: 1h00m

Today’s listening practice had another hour of 13 sentinels and also some コツ practice.

6 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 7

5月14日 (火)

狼と香辛料 Vol.3 (7:57-8:13/9:46)

YUYU, the latest episode

言語交換 #275 コンビニのお茶. Also the remaining of 母の日.

5 Likes

Today’s video:

Walk and talk vid, about a mountain hike :mountain:

5 Likes