魔女の宅急便 (Kiki's Delivery Service) Home Thread - Beginner's Book Club

Ugh okay, I have this on my shelf, I should take the opportunity to actually read it. Add me to the list.

1 Like

Do watch it. It’s a great movie, one of my favorites. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alphabetized the new additions =)

3 Likes

Please add me. Book should arrive around the 10th.

1 Like

Does anyone know how long the shipping takes? I’m thinking about getting the physical copy but I don’t know if I will get it in time. I rather have it as a physical copy even though a digital one works (I have a tablet after all), but just want to ask.
I tried ordering it from ebookjapan, but it seems like I need a yahoo Japan login, or am I being silly?

Edit: Nevermind, seems like they changed it and I can sign up with another e-mail.

I only know that Amazon JP usually takes about 3 days =P

1 Like

Hmm sounds good, you live in Norway so shouldn’t be much of a difference shipping to Sweden then :slight_smile:
Might as well order a physical copy then (I was just about to order it on ebookjapan). It is cheaper, but when it comes to movies and books I rather have them in physical form haha. Especially since It’s a book originated from Studio Ghibli, which I totally love!

Ok, I have ordered the book now and it should arrive somewhere between the 4th - 6th so you can add me up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s actually the other way round, the ghibli movie is based on the book, which came 4 years earlier. :slight_smile:

I ordered the book and would like to join

2 Likes

Me too! I am one of few I feel that still buy DVD’s (or blu-ray mostly =P )
I love physical books even more =^_^=

Has anyone found any vocabulary list for the book? Like there was for Yotsubato? I think that’d be super helpful :slight_smile:

I added you.

1 Like

I tried looking for a little bit and unfortunately didn’t find anything particularly helpful. Hopefully, someone else can find something.

I actually didnt know that! Thanks for correcting me! Kiki has a special place in my heart, especially since Miyazaki took inspirations for the locations in the movie, after his visit to Sweden :slight_smile:

1 Like

excellent!!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Just thinking aloud here, but maybe there would be a good way to collaborate to create one?

Just a suggestion. Please forgive me if I’m out of line for mentioning this, but shouldn’t this thread be used for discussing the book? Posts about delivery times, being added to the list, etc. should be posted on the main thread? At the current rate, this thread will exceed 100 non-discussion related posts before we even get a chance to start reading the book officially. This will make navigating the thread easier in the future. Once again, please forgive me if I’m wrong for suggesting this.

9 Likes

We are thinking of doing one thread per chapter or so. I guess this could stay the main and make a new for chapter one.
That way if people ask questions on the old ones they can come here to let people know they have an unanswered question on an earlier chapter if it goes unnoticed =)

2 Likes

Hi! Can you add me too? :smiley:
I have this book, and I have been wanting to read it for ages, but in the end never got around to do it. But this seems like a good opportunity :smiley:

3 Likes