魔女の宅急便・Kiki's Delivery Service 🧧 Repeat Club

I finished coloring the page numbers on ch.3. I don’t quite understand what you all are saying in the last few posts, but I wonder if I did something wrong when I copied the whole chapter 3 into the new spreadsheet. Sorry if I did!

1 Like

Would it help if I added some conditional formatting to take care of the page coloring?

7 Likes

yeah but it would probably get inadvertantly messed up when someone inserts a row/etc…, unless it was scripted (whatever google uses for VB) on the back end and that is probably a lot of work

though more power to you if you are so willing :wink:

whoever messed it up, probably didn’t do it intentionally. (unless they did…then shame shame shame lol…I might be onry but I don’t think anyone in the clubs is intentionally malicious.) …not a big deal…I doubt copying the whole thing over did that, it seems like it might have been part of whoever added the filter/sort thing…in any case…not a big deal… thanks for finishing off the color coding… :partying_face:

1 Like

Nice thing about conditional formatting is it can be applied to a column, so any row added, their cell within the column will have the conditional formatting.

2 Likes

oh i realize that but no matter what someone does…a smarter idiot will somehow always surface…

haha that’s all I meant :wink:

2 Likes

Week 3

We start the mega chapter :open_mouth: but there are actually slightly fewer pages to read this week than last.

8 Likes

I don’t think you did anything wrong - it’s just that the old spreadsheet has different formatting from the new :slightly_smiling_face: thank you for all your work populating the new one!

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m considering jumping in on this (term has just finished so suddenly I have more time!). My grammar is at nearly-N4 level - I’m just finishing Genki II. If anyone reading is at a similar level, I’d be really grateful if you could tell me how manageable you’re finding it! Or if you are more advanced and know that this is way out of reach, that would be helpful too.

1 Like

I am working through Bunpro at a slow pace. I’m half way through N4. I started with the head start schedule and I’m finding it manageable.

I think it would help if you also had a bit of reading experience with other books - I’ve also been doing a couple from the ABBC.

2 Likes

I’m around N4 level too, and it’s manageable! There are a lot of long sentences, and sometimes it can be confusing to follow along with the story – but the threads and vocab sheet help a lot :slight_smile: There are chapter summaries that I find helpful to confirm my understanding. And reading the ebook version takes away some of the difficulty reading a book without furigana.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been reading Doggy Detectives with the absolute beginner club, and it’s been going great, so I wanted to try something more difficult. I think I’ll give it a go!

5 Likes

Thank you! The vocab sheets are incredibly helpful aren’t they - I wouldn’t have imagined they would make such a difference. I’ve got an ebook, that’s a good point about the furigana.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s one of my other books. And I struggled with it at first. So if you’re ok with it, I’m sure you’ll be fine.

Main issue is volume as it’s more reading each day so I’d jump in soon!

5 Likes

That’s pretty much right where I am. I’m starting the final chapter of genki II this weekend. I’ve had only minor trouble with the grammar. It’s been pretty manageable overall. You may have some trouble with the vocabulary though. Having the extra time before starting to begin the Anki deck has been huge for my comprehension. But, if you can manage to catch up, you should be able to start preparing for future chapters.

2 Likes

Heads up to anyone who stumbled through audiobook.jp, I realised I accidentally signed up for a subscription rather than a one off purchase when I got charged again today :sweat_smile:

So if you couldn’t read everything on the site like me, you might want to check!

9 Likes

Thanks for the info! I was afraid this might happen, but I didn’t see anywhere to control such option, so I was on a “wait and see” with the one-month point coming up in a few days.

Upon looking at it today, I found that I can view subscriptions here (when logged in):

Sure enough, I was signed up for the ¥1,100/month plan. There was a button next to it that I just now clicked and unsubscribed. (Green button = not subscribed; white button = subscribed.)

Edit: You can view your credit card informaiton here:

If you cannot remove your card, it means you have an active subscription. That’s what had me confused back when I signed up, that I couldn’t remove my credit card information. Now that I canceled the subscription, I was able to remove my credit card information.

9 Likes

Oh gosh, I’ll feel terrible if loads of people end up getting charged extra for this.

I hope you’re able to find another book to make the second month worth it at least :confused:

3 Likes

Alternate view: This is motivation to increase our Japanese-learning efforts.

8 Likes

I managed to buy audiobook without creating subscription, so it is possible, but I don’t remember now which options I was choosing…

But thanks for the clear info how to check for sure, because I got paranoid after your posts anyway and I was happy for a way to confirm :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I just checked on another audiobook, and I think I clicked this tiny link-that-doesn’t-look-like-a-buy-button when I bought Kiki because I recognized “fixed price” in the text… But it’s so much smaller than the huge pink button!

Screenshot

If you click the pink one instead, you get a page with text where it talks about a monthly fee:

Screenshot

6 Likes