絞める = new content on Oct 4th, 2019?

Hello,

絞める just appeared in my lesson queue, which surprises me a lot because I am Lvl30 and this vocabulary lesson is supposed to be from Lvl25.

Is it the sign of a batch of new content? Or is it a bug, or worse I just dont understand how WK is working?

Thanks

6 Likes

Just came to the forums to see if anything about this had been posted, heh. It just showed up for me, as well.

It’s not listed as a Wanikani vocab on Jisho, and it doesn’t have audio, so I’m guessing it’s new. Maybe part of an update that got pushed out on accident?

6 Likes

yeah same here lol we those wani kani fanatics.

1 Like

What new content?

Signed,
Level 13 User

Edit: Kidding aside, I definitely like hearing when there’s new content so I can update my scripts that tell me the WK levels of kanji in material I’m reading or planning to read.

1 Like

For a moment there I thought wanikani couldn’t mathimage

#team I have a new vocabulary and burning them all will take another year and a half

(It’s also a new isekai)

5 Likes

Another one? Gosh, しめる is looking more like the Homophone Terror かえる’s younger sibling every day…

絞る has also had its definition changed to “to wring out”… unless you look at the page for 絞 which still lists it as “strangle”… but it’s “wring out” in search so… caching? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a script, tho

2 Likes

I was like, what?

1 Like

I also have this item.
Better tag @viet or @oldbonsai for confirmation.

1 Like

https://community.wanikani.com/t/wanikani-content-updates/33117/47?u=viet

6 Likes

That’s strangely hidden though, maybe this should have added as a separate post as well, just to avoid confusion :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I went to look at the 絞る page, turns out it will come up for burning in a week. This update came just in time! Maybe I should get it wrong on purpose, or will this thread be enough to help me remember it doesn’t mean ‘to strangle’? We’ll see!

I think this has been fixed already? I tried to see what you meant.

1 Like

It will take me 2 months :frowning: If only demoting was a thing…

5 Likes

I’ll pass along the feedback.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.