獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

Soon, we’ll get down to :honeybee:sness

8 Likes

I did a double take on your name because I thought for sure this was a TamanegiNoKame post.

6 Likes

It’s hard to tell the difference because

7 Likes

Chapter 1 has begun.

5 Likes

(Chapter 2 is through.
Chapter 3 is free.
Chapter 4’s in store.
Chapter 5’s not jive.
etc. )

3 Likes

When daylight savings hits in the U.S. on March 8th, we’re thinking about shifting the read aloud by 30 minutes. We would make it 30 minutes later in the U.S., which would be 30 minutes earlier in Japan and Australia, as well as Europe temporarily until daylight savings hits there. If you’ve been joining or plan to join, let me know if this is a problem.

4 Likes

30 minutes earlier in Japan sounds great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last part of chapter one! Remember that on Sunday the read aloud time has shifted by 30 minutes. (Later in the U.S., earlier everywhere else.) See the OP or the part two thread for the time in your timezone.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Exciting things are afoot. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m reading the Aoitori Bunka version, which comes in two volumes. At the end of the first volume (which goes up to the end of Ch 2), there are a bonus 4 pages which I thought you might find interesting.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:
He even mentions the interview at the end! The interview is included in the non-furigana version, why not this bit too I wonder? :thinking:

Thanks! It’s interesting (and should I mention the feeling of been capable of reading it without dictionary? :scream::face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

As we’re now halfway through book 1, I wanted to open up the discussion about continuing with book 2 once we’re done. My understanding is that books 1 and 2 tell a complete story, so personally I’d like to continue reading it with everyone. Book 2 is longer, so if we continue reading one chapter a week it would take 27 weeks. Last time I checked, I didn’t see any back-to-back short chapters, so I don’t think there’s a good way to speed that up without drastically increasing the pace. If you’re still reading the book with the book club, please vote in the following polls. Let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.

• I’d like to read book 2 with the book club
  • I have no interest in reading book 2 with the book club

0 voters

• Let’s continue reading one chapter a week
  • Let’s read significantly slower
  • Let’s read significantly faster

0 voters

• Let’s take little to no break after book 1 (at most one week)
  • Let’s take a longer break

0 voters

1 Like

Voted to continue at one chapter per week, but I’d say to keep the possibility of speeding up open in case it feels like a good idea for the majority at some point.

I should probably be catching up instead of voting and talking about speeding up :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Great, I wanted to ask this also…I like the book and I’d like to read the second one too…one chapter a week would be good :ok_hand:if get better at reading we could speed it up later on

1 Like

This book would consume my life if we read 2 chapters a week. :sweat_smile:

Well for now it would be over my ability to keep up with 2 chapters a week :sweat_smile:I struggled with the longer chapters lately

1 Like