獣の奏者 chapter 8, part 6 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 8, Part 6: 風雲、 逃亡者

Start Date: November 7th
Previous Week: Chapter 8, part 5
Next Week: Chapter 8, part 7

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:30PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-11-15T13:30:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

This week spoiler

Now I can see Erin and イアル together. I’m sure they can be a nice couple. My prediction is that they are gonna fly on リラン and エク then go to the other camp. Maybe on the other side of the mountain who knows. I still don’t get why ダミヤ want to kill イアル. He just praised him. Maybe he is too good for the corrupted ラミヤ. Btw I called the poison.

On the same topic

A few things come to mind. イアル wouldn’t give him the information that Erin would only tell to イアル and ハルミヤ; ダミヤ knows イアル is incorruptible and disapproves of what ダミヤis planning and that he lied to Erin about what would happen with the 王獣; maybe ダミヤ wants to make sure that イアル can never out him as the guy behind the attack on ハルミヤ.
The way that イアル didn’t instantly congratulate ダミヤ on his engagement to セイミヤ suggests イアル does not approve of ダミヤ on a number of levels… (and neither do I!)

In other news, I’m impressed that a man who was covered in blood is being ignored by the 王獣 who seem to get a bit excited when they smell blood normally. They must really be worried Erin will blow that whistle at them.

3 Likes
On the same subject

Wasn’t they got excited a little? I thought they started making some noise

2 Likes