獣の奏者 chapter 4, part 6 discussion

Join the Intermediate Book Club here!

獣の奏者 Home Thread

Chapter 4, Part 6: カザルム王獣保護場、トムラ

Start Date: May 30th
Previous Week: Chapter 4, part 5
Next Week: Chapter 4, part 7

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2020-06-07T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

1 Like

This week’s chapter was short and kinda simple at the beginning so I was able to finish it in one go.
on that note…

Question

The only part I did not get was at the end when we were seeing what Tomura had done with the 王獣. At first he wasn’t happy to have that responsability. He tried to feed him but he couldn’t so he had to make him live on the medicinal water. He was sure that he would be able to help him by talking to it. He was scared that he would die will he take care of it because of what he would look like of what his worth would become. Then there is something with エサル師. She then removes him the responsibility and he is happy because if the 王獣 died, it’s won’t be in his care or that if he lived it’s good anyway.

Does it seem accurate or have I misread something?
Thanks

Summary

Overall, yeah accurate. She removes him because of Erin wanting to take care of it. He’s first angry about it, but then thinks about how a huge weight has been lifted because if it dies (and it looks like it was going to die soon) then he won’t be blamed for it.

2 Likes

I’d say this was the opposite from memory; at first he was very happy and honored, but then when he couldn’t help him he began to feel worried what this ‘failure’ would do to his rep and chances. After a month of no progress he is happy to let go of the responsibility, which is why he didn’t protest when エサル transferred his task over to エリン.
I’ll check the chapter in a bit.

4 Likes

This chapter flew by. I went out on a walk, and by the time I was home I only had a couple pages left, so I sat on the front stoop until I was done. A good time all around! I might finish the last bit of the book tonight, given I have so many bad examples to follow. :smiley:

5 Likes

Interesting chapter…I can understand the boy’s feelings too.

4 Likes

Another chapter down! It looks like I’ll be able to catch up in time for next week, nice.

I liked this chapter , but I’m not sure what to think about トムラ quite yet.

4 Likes

My guess is that he will be won over by エリン and become a close friend or something. He seems to be impressed by her demeanor at least.

4 Likes