涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread

Chapter 5 (2/3)

Suzumiya

Start Date: September 14th
Previous Thread: Week 11
Next Thread: Week 13

Week 12 Reading: Chapter 5 (2/3)
Until p.185 (???​??)
Note: this isn’t a real break, but there was no better place.

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱!

Discord Reading

(Direct link to discord server)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

1 Like

Okay, I couldn’t stop. For true, maximum cliffhanging, go one sentence further.

6 Likes

I’m still (again) 3 weeks behind, so not really a problem for me. :+1:

1 Like

Wanted to ask what this means, but decided to just start. I see now :sweat_smile: Bad place to stop, gotta continue.

2 Likes

Yes, but I didn’t know that at the time I made the schedule :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This whole time I wasn’t sure what that ???​?? break meant. I figured maybe the sentence was a spoiler and we’d just know when to stop (?). Now I get it :sweat_smile:

And wow I thought maybe we were done with surprises for a while but apparently not.

:exploding_head:

Also wondering if anything can be done about that 50% currently behind on the reading. Seems like a lot ):

2 Likes

I know… I’m kinda thinking of doubling the pace, so we’d be done in 3-4 weeks instead of 7, but that seems a bit unfair, considering some people are still reading behind.

Nevermind, misunderstood the question.

That’s also an issue. We could make the pace slower instead, or start commenting on the threads that are relevant to them. We could make a sort of Q&A thread to help people catch up?

Also, that picture on the next page. :open_mouth:
I couldn’t help but check where you all were up to with all this talk of cliffhangers.

5 Likes

Not sure how that would work but maybe?
I guess we’d be better off asking people that are behind if they think there’s something that would help (maybe in the home thread in case they are avoiding threads for spoiler reasons?).

(I also feel like we still have a long time of reading this left and would want to go faster but I probably can’t afford to read that much with my currently busier schedule. And with so many people behind…I guess not :disappointed:)

2 Likes

I’m only speaking for me personally of course, and not anyone else who is behind. But I think it might be best for me to just skip up to where the front of the group is and try to keep pace from then on. Maybe can still try to read the parts I skipped on the side. But overall seems like it’ll just be more fun to be part of the discussion

1 Like

Tl;dr, feel free to do as you see fit, I don’t mind either way. :+1:

As a person that’s behind, I feel compelled to add my piece. :smiley:

I’ve been trying to catch up, but it seems unlikely at this point. (I catch up a week or two, hit one of those lovely scenes, don’t read for a week or longer. :man_facepalming:) Maybe in the week between Konbini and Kitchen I’ll be able to read some more.

But really it’s not that I’m lacking time. :confused:

Anyway. Feel free to increase the pace, if you want. I definitely won’t be able to catch up in that case, but that’s ok. I’m not putting in that much effort to catch up, so I wouldn’t the people who’re actually reading along to have to wait.

1 Like

Late, but my thoughts:

freaky stuff.