本好きの下剋上: Volume 3, Week 1 discussion

Join the Advanced Book Club here!

本好きの下剋上 Home Thread

Week 21

Start Date: January 9th
Previous week: Week 20
Next week: Week 22

Reading:

Prologue / Chapters 1-3 (フリーダと身食いの話, フリーダとケーキ作り, フリーダとお風呂, 44 pages/ 10%)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :books:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

5 Likes
This week reading

What a wholesome reading My heart has been warmed. It a nice break from the main storyline of work to get money. I liked it. These cooking chapters make me think it would be great to see a Gordon Ramsey Isekai. The bath part makes me wanna go to an onsen again. I’m impressed by Lutz’s ability to see through Mayne’s condition. He might just possess the emperor’s eye of something ha ha. A wholesome week reading.

3 Likes

Once again, you say something that gives me a lot of conflicting feelings :sweat_smile:

My image is that it’s actually quite easy, but you need to have seen マイン crash a few times to be able to associate what you are seeing with her condition. So it’s more like experience than a special skill.

4 Likes

By that you mean you don’t agree with me or that since you know the future your impression of it is different? I feel like we often do not agree on certain points in reading ha ha

Stop breaking my dream. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

About the first point, a bit of both. Mostly it was a guess for me at the time, but now I know what happens after.
I’m mostly conflicted about mentioning my guess, since it’s not completely correct and I know it, which makes it very hard to defend or develop :sweat_smile:
Hence my conflicting feelings.

1 Like

I like the visualization of how the 身食(みく)い was “defeated” (for lack of a better word) in the first chapter. First with the help of a vacuum cleaner, then stuffed into cardboard box and pushed into a closet :laughing: I’m kind of curious about whether there are any Honzuki vacuum cleaner merch out there.

3 Likes

She had more than that, but everything else is small compared to gold coins.
So she basically had 3 small gold coins +\alpha

1 Like