大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 2 Off-Shoot Club Chp 16 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 2!!

wada2

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first book is located here-> Book 1 Homethread

Volume 2 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The witch “Wadanohara” has returned to her hometown of the sea with her familiars. However, the former familiar “Samekichi” stands in front of her. A cute but sad and a little dark story that is spun on the sea is complete.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Nov 20th Chp 8 7 to 24 18
Nov 27th Chp 9 27 to 44 18
Dec 4th Chp 10 47 to 64 18
Dec 11th Chp 11 65 to 80 14
Dec 18th Chp 12 81 to 98 18
Dec 25th Chp 13 101 to 118 18
Jan 8th Chp 14 119 to 138 20
Jan 15th Chp 15 139 to 156 18
Jan 22nd Chp 16 157 to 180 24
Due to holidays I scheduled 2 weeks for chapter 13!
There is a bit of bonus manga at the end again.

Where to Purchase the Book

Digital

Bookwalker (currently you can get 300 coin back until 10-27-2021 JP time)
Amazon JP

Physical
Manga Republic (copies will be very limited and shipping can take a bit)

Vocab

Volume 2 Home Thread

How’s Your Reading Going?
  • I’m ahead of the schedule
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m reading at my own pace

0 voters

1 Like

This is why we stay away from Google Translate

7 Likes

Finished the last chapter! Still haven’t read the bonus chapter yet though. It was really interesting how this conflict suddenly resolved! :rofl:

As always I have a few questions

Page 158

Page 158

Are the rabbits saying Gloom… Gloominess gloom gloom! Or are they just making sounds? :sweat_smile: Is there another reading for うさ and うささ?

Page 161

Can someone tell me what the ending of Memokas sentence is? I think the sentence means Why did you only send Wadachi flying?, so どーすんのよ is probably a version of どうしたのよ/どうしてのよ, but I’m not sure… especially since 飛ばす is in て-form, which indicates that there is another verb in the sentence. Any suggestions?

Page 173

S173_1.PNG
First I have a vocab question: The vocab sheet lists 傷つける as to wound, but I find that this doen’t really fit here. The way I understand the sentence to hurt someone’s feelings would fit better. Which brings me to my second questions: Do I even understand this sentence correctly? :sweat_smile: I spend a lot of time on this one, here is what I came up with:

How this sort of misunderstanding was born, I don’t know but… If I… would have taken action sufficiently, perhaps, I would have not make you misunderstand and hurt your feelings

Or a little smoother: I don’t know where this misunderstanding comes from, but… If I would have taken action, perhaps, you wouldn’t have gotten the wrong idea and your feelings would not have been hurt.
Is my translation correct?

Another question: I hear there is a third volume. As I am already fairly invested in the story, I would like to see what the last part is all about. Is anyone else interested in continuing the book club?

Thanks! :smile:

2 Likes
page 158

It doesn’t mean anything. They’re supposed to be speaking their own separate language. That’s why Memoca “translates” what they’re trying to say in the next panel.

page 161

どーすんのよ is どうするのよ. When used after the -て form, it means that the speaker is surprised or distressed about the indicated action. The idea is something among the lines of ‘How is doing X going to help?’ or 'What do you mean, you did X?"

page 173

Yeah, you’ve got the right idea. ‘To hurt someone’s feelings’ is probably more accurate here. I updated the vocab sheet.

I’ll stick around if there is a book club for the third volume, at least. That said, the third volume is much, much, darker and more disturbing than the previous two books, so make sure you’re okay with that before continuing.

6 Likes

Sea of Death is probably going to be the best volume, given what I remember from the game. So I’d be happy to have a third book club

4 Likes

Finished!

Prologue questions

Is the prologue a flashback, isn’t it?

At first I didn’t think so, after all the name is “prologue” which implies afterwards, but that term is being used more loosely. They both seem a bit younger and Wadanohara doesn’t have her new fancy clothes either.

Also… Wadanohara is flying on page 184? If she can fly, then why did Kurumaki have to send Wadanohara on her broom in page 161?

I’ll be around for the third volume as well. Not sure if I’ll like how much darker it is, but I’d like to know the whole plot.

2 Likes

I think you meant to say epilogue (エピローグ), as the second volume doesn’t have a prologue (you are refering to the last couple of pages, I assume). And yes, it is a flashback, as indicated by the black background. On the last page however we see a white background and Samekichi looking at his necklace. So we can safely assume that it was him thinking about the past.
I was thinking, maybe Wadanohara cannot fly because she lost part of her memory and with that part of her magic? But that is just a guess.

2 Likes

If people want to continue on and read the third part (I believe it’s only on pixiv) would someone be okay with taking over for me?

1 Like

Wadanohara can fly by herself, but it doesn’t look like she can take other people with her. She didn’t want to head back to the castle alone, she wanted her familiars at the very least to go back with her as well. Chlomaki tricked her into going back by herself. That’s why she looks confused with Chlomaki hands her the broom and why she and Memoca start freaking out when the broom takes off.

2 Likes

I actually managed to finish volume 2 on schedule! Thanks everyone for the book club, it was fun! I’m sorry I didn’t have time to participate more.

I would definitely be interested in continuing on with the third part if there is enough interest!

3 Likes

I can try to take over. I have never set up a thread, but I’m sure it’ not going to be too difficult (right?).
Since quite a few people are in favor of another book club, I would suggest we start February 5th, so that everyone can find the book and I have time to set up the thread and adapt the vocab sheet.

5 Likes

It’s not too bad! There’s a guide someone made that has all the formatting stuff listed and once you make the first one you can copy and paste for each new one! Also thank you! I’m really busy with school, so I just don’t have the time :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes
2 Likes

So I had a little time on my hands and created a homethread for volume 3 and a thread for chapter 1 of volume 3.

3 Likes

The thread looks great! I will say that the third volume is really dark and gets into some heavy stuff @Shunrin I think knows more about it than me, so you may want to put some content warnings just in case. Thank you again for taking over!!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s definitely what I meant. Sorry, I accidentally switch words with their opposite more often than I’d like to admit.

Thanks! I don’t think I ever consciously noticed the background changes as having any meaning.

That makes sense. I don’t remember seeing her fly so far, but she’s also been with her familiars pretty much the whole time.

1 Like