夜カフェ ☕ Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Chapter 7 thread is up:

There won’t be a new thread next week as we have a break week for catching up :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I have filled out vocab for chapter 8. Of course, if there are other words people want to add, they should definitely feel free to do so! :grin:

I’ve also done the page numbers for all words I added, but as always, somebody with a physical copy should double-check those, especially for any words that sit on the border of pages. I would have done the Kindle %, but my percentage is never consistent on there for some reason. If I flip back and forth between pages, it’s like it gets stuck on a number, then suddenly jumps again, so I didn’t bother because I don’t trust it to be accurate in any way.

14 Likes

I read ahead today and added some vocab for ch 9-11, though it’s just most of what I had to look up and was reasonably certain hadn’t shown up earlier in the book, as well as all the new names, so there’s certainly going to be vocab items I passed over that others may want to add when we get to those chapters. I have the physical copy so those page numbers are accurate. I can’t promise that I’ll double-check the ch 8 page numbers, but I will if I remember and have the spoons to.

14 Likes

Thank you, dear vocab people!

Chpt 8 Thread is up as well

12 Likes

The beginner book club is voting on what to read next! Check out the nominations and if you find anything you like give it a vote!

7 Likes

Yet another week has passed :open_mouth:

8 Likes

Finally got around to reading Chapter 10 today. I’ve had a lot of reading I’ve been doing this week! :laughing:

Everything okay, @sumsum? I haven’t been able to find a Chapter 10 thread up yet. :astonished:

7 Likes

Looks like it’s hiding over here:

12 Likes

Ah, thanks! :grin:

2 Likes

It was a little late. I should probably have set an alarm each week :see_no_evil: Sometimes I only remember when I read myself (oopsie)

11 Likes

Whew. I just finished up my finals, I’ve been off Japanese reading since mid-way through chapter 8, so I have some catching up to do. Though luckily, I do have the free time to do so lol

7 Likes

Here we go again:

7 Likes

hides in a corner

13 Likes

Don’t worry about it. Rather: Thanks for all your work organizing the book club for us!

…it’s not like I’m ready to start with chapter 12 anyway, with chapter 11 being especially difficult for me.

6 Likes

Indeed, thank you very much @sumsum, and no worries at all :smiley:

Ahah, well, there’s probably no need to stress over every detail though

4 Likes

I’m still planning to finish reading this book, but I think you lost me somewhere around chapter 3/4 :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Still on chapter 11. I’m going to try to catch up with the club this week though!

6 Likes

Same.

頑張りましょう :grin:

4 Likes

Almost on time :sheep:

After this it’s only the あとがき left :astonished:

I feel a bit bad because I’m not really participating currently as I’m also lagging behind :cry: I’d say in theory the tempo was right for me, but then life got super duper busy and so I’m like aahhh panic mode! But I still enjoy reading you peoples thoughts when I get to a chapter :heart: So thank you everyone for participating so much :heart_hands:

13 Likes

Since we’re near the end, just curious if anyone is interested in doing an offshoot book club for the next volume? I got my hands on the first five volumes the other day, so I’d be interested in participating and trying to pace along with a book club.

10 Likes