三本塾/Sambon Juku

Found this excellent YouTube channel for learning Japanese in Japanese, explained at around lower intermediate level. For some reason search engine came back null for this and I was surprised.

12 Likes

I found this channel just the other day. In fact I came here to post about it and let others know but thankfully you already put this out there.

Anyone at a level where they have a decent grasp of grammar and some vocab but are just starting to practice reading and listening will find his content to be perfect listening practice. And that he actually teaches Japanese IN Japanese is, once again, perfect.

Don’t sleep on this resource! Check him out and get him more views and subs!

1 Like

I also came across this channel recently and I am really enjoying Akki-sensei’s lessons. There are some really good intermediate level listening videos, and he uses language that is really easy to understand.

Thanks for posting this! I had no idea this channel existed. I watched his " 弱い時間?/Weak Time?" video and was surprised at how much I could understand without much difficulty.

Yeah, they use really simple language in teaching and also repeat the concept using multiple synonyms helping me to connect the dots even if I first didn’t understand everything.

I only learned of Akki-sensei because he was a guest on Loretta’s (KemushiChan) YouTube channel, and I was also impressed with the quality of his videos. His video about 自己紹介 was particularly informative and quick (even after having already given a million different self-introductions in various circumstances).

But I was most impressed with his video about how to use ありがとう - not because it was anything particularly surprising, but because of his willingness to say, “a lot of you make this mistake in the comments and I’d like to help you fix it.” I think it’s quite rare for Japanese content creators making content for J-learners to take their audience’s studies (i.e. capacity to get beyond the beginner stage) so seriously.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.