スーパーの裏でヤニ吸うふたり・Behind the Supermarket, Smoking With You 🚬 Volume 3

idk if I’ll catch up in time to read with everyone for vol 3, but I just finished vol 2 and I’m excited to be reading Super again!

1 Like
26本目幕間ー前&ー後

:joy:

No messing with 山田’s ファッションセンス.

ガチぜい feels like a useful word to know.

The white lies font :rofl: (Un)fortunately it’s にぶす木 we’re dealing with.

Loved this page of just showing us him in deep thought.

She’s right, no risk.

Well, she has shown this side of her as 田山 a few times already. んははは #I’ve lost the count.

27本目

Such a good chapter. :relieved:

佐々木 trying his best to have his opportunity for gratitude. I’m sad I couldn’t find おいしいおかき last October!

山田不足ふそく is exactly what he is going through. :rofl:

Surprise!!!

She is paralyzed – which one of her voices is she going to answer with?? You can clearly tell that she would prefer if it was 田山 he was calling…

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

~いちゃいちゃ~

She is so close, but backs off with 「そんなわけないのにね」

2 Likes

I think our proposed schedule is missing 28本目 for week 8? Pages 161-197.

2 Likes

You are right, somehow I thought I had added that but completely missed it - thanks for pointing out, it should be fixed now in the 1st post!

3 Likes

Ah, I thought I was up to date but somehow I’ve overshot to Chapter 28. Looks like I’ve got next week off :slight_smile:

2 Likes
Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 7 27th of January Chapter 27 一前 and 一後 145 to 160 15

This week is a bit shorter, so it might give some people the time to catch up. Enjoy your reading!

6 Likes

Day 25 really threw me for a loop lol

1 Like

Just to say you’ve all inspired me to push my reading. I’m on vol 1. Hope to catch up with you all someday, soon. I like that the book has little to no furigana. That was a crutch in my earlier reading… started forgetting!

4 Likes

Hey there, welcome to the club! You’ll have plenty of time to catch up, as volume 5 is planned for release next summer.

For volume 1 and most of volume 2 there are vocabulary sheets for those harder-than-usual words, if you find that helpful. You’re right that no furigana is a real test of kanji ability. Luckily ヤニ吸う has quite common and useful vocabulary for the most part, so it’s a great workout.

Post your thoughts and questions if you happen to have any, plenty of folks here ready to answer if need be!

4 Likes
Week Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Week 8 3rd of February Chapter 28 161 to 197 37

A little late, but here we are for the last week of volume 3.

I have to say, I’m a bit unsure of what to do about vol 4. Perhaps make it an informal (?) bookclub, ie. people can post and discuss there whenever they want (so no weekly schedule). The reason for this is that personally I just fell behind and haven’t even started vol 3… I think a few people are in a similar situation.

Of course, there are other options: we can take a longer break, or if others want to continue on the schedule, I wouldn’t mind making the thread or handing it over to someone else. Any ideas/thoughts?

7 Likes

I think informal’s a good route. A lot of us are behind plus once vol 4 is done, we’d be waiting a while.

Although it would be fun to see if people can catch up after a hiatus and then read together but past experience says this is unlikely to happen.

6 Likes

I’m only a chapter behind at the moment, but I’m completely fine with whatever everyone would like to do. If we decide to go the informal route, I’ll just pick up vol. 4 whenever I feel like it and read through that too while we wait for vol. 5 :smiley:

6 Likes
28本目

What an awesome chapter to end the volume with! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Whoops, now ya done it. First time we see 田山 seething like this. :fearful:

LOL @ ありそう! :rofl: She gets him a little too well. So cute that she is genuinely afraid that she made him never come back again.

Impressive footwriting… (more legible than 地主’s handwriting in places :joy:)

Remember who you are replying as!!! Japanese ambiguity comes to the rescue… She is so happy (and relieved?) that he wants to meet 田山 rather than her.

「大切な関係」だな

はい

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

With that we’ve finished another volume. Happy to have shared this journey with you all – I’m happy I’ve had a proper place for my commentary! :sweat_smile:

I think going with a freeform read-at-whatever-pace-you-want type of single thread for the whole series is going to be the best bet going forward – once you catch up with the series it’s going to be one chapter per month at best, which is a long wait.

9 Likes
27本目

Finally here and ahhh! Hatsumode! So a lot of people check their luck, either by seeing their birthyear’s luck or drawing a fortune. Both of Sasaki’s say bad luck, but the funny thing about luck is that it’s supposed to be a cycle of good and bad. So Sasaki’s is broken, or just showing the wrong thing. I think he got lucky (re?!)connecting with Yamada/Tayama

4 Likes

Yep, for sure. He even thinks so on page 152: what a stroke of 大吉 that he happened to meet both 山田 and 田山!

2 Likes

I’m a little late in replying, but thank you for your words of encouragement. I’m well into vol 2 now.

4 Likes