キノの旅 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

How are you Nath?

Or did you mean discussions about the book? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Sunday book club buddies (@Belerith @StarLi @NicoleIsEnough @lopicake @Myria @TamanegiNoKame などなど)- just a note to let you know I won’t be able to make it this Sunday, so please don’t wait for me (or you’ll be waiting a very long time! :joy:)

3 Likes

Oh that’s too bad! Thanks for letting us know. :joy:

Will you be joining in again next week? Considering you’ll be missing a couple pages… Although we can always do a summary, so maybe it’s not actually a problem. :smiley: :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thank you for your continued patronage.

5 Likes

I’m still lacking a stable internet connection, so the thread will only be up tomorrow. This week’s reading is a bit long so feel free to read ahead.

2 Likes

The thread is finally here!

6 Likes

Gakuen Kino
Spinning off from a joke in Kino’s Journey, the story finds Kino attending a high school with her talking cell phone strap, Hermes. When students start turning into monsters, Kino transforms into a gun toting magical girl, but her efforts are thwarted by the incompetent would be rival hero claiming to be her partner, Shizu.

Oh golly do I want to read that.

8 Likes

I need this. ._.

1 Like

Sorry about going off the radar for a while, everyone.

I’ve been visiting home for the past few weeks and my days/schedule have just been crazy between jet lag and trying to visit all my friends/family. My Japanese Study Time plummeted to pretty much nothing up until now. I fly back next week so I should be able to go back to normal then.

Sorry for absence! I hope everyone is enjoying the book! I’ll catch up soon! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I hope you had fun! And welcome back! I’m sure you’ll be caught up in no time. :grin:

4 Likes

第5話の始まりは前の話とだいぶ違いがあって、面白いですよ!

先を早めに読むのは悪い。:kissing:

3 Likes

Well, it’s here, anyway. You are back to legality; congratulations!

3 Likes

The time has come.

Wrong link :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean.
You have no evidence, officer D:<

2 Likes

Soo, today I asked my Japanese host mother about this “non-flying motorbike” business. First she was equally confused, but then she googled for a bit and came up with this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=空飛びオートバイ&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ1fOAuafiAhWSy4sBHaEqCfYQ_AUIDigB&biw=1553&bih=938

And she also mentioned that Japanese youth are probably used to this through the exposure via anime and manga (where it was of course introduced way before reality could catch up).

For everybody who is interested: She also found a link that says you can probably buy this from 2022, and it will be around 10 million yen…

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s exactly what I pictured as well. I didn’t even think someone would get confused about that :thinking:
There’s a flying one in Aria as well (well, multiple, but a recurring character is driving one).

1 Like

Last chapter, let’s go!

8 Likes

This is it, last week for the first book!

I have edited the formatting of the OP to support multiple books; I remember people saying they wanted to keep reading on. Even if they don’t, someone else might in the future.

8 Likes

I got distracted by reading 放浪息子 this week. Hopefully I’ll finish this week’s reading tonight or tomorrow.

3 Likes