よつばと! Vol 4 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

Gotcha, thanks to both of you!

my copy hasn’t arrived yet T_T

Seems like the badminton arc is coming to a head, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This link takes us to the vol 3 vocab list!

It’s got four as well (click the Chapter 22 tab).

2 Likes

I’m blind! Thank you so much @Belthazar, and thank you to everyone who has helped put this together!

1 Like

I was looking a thread from a book i can read, i got a copy of this one, may i join?

4 Likes

Sure thing!

2 Likes

You are very very welcome! So great to have you here @Ninkastmin!

1 Like

C-can I also join you guys?

6 Likes

Of course! Welcome @Ninkastmin and @Momoiro ^^

2 Likes

So uh… I read the the first post and stuff, but what’s the routine here usually?

We read a chapter each week, and you can comment on anything from this chapter, and ask questions if there’s something you didn’t understand; you can also give information about a topic or grammar point that you know may be tricky.

There’s also a vocab list, so you can look there if there’s a word you don’t understand, and it’s usually in context, instead of trying to find it on a dictionary by itself.

3 Likes

Do you guys have a discussion as a group at the end of the volume?

Not really. We could start, though.

Since each volume takes almost 2 months, we mostly take it as it goes.

2 Likes

Welcome guys! I’d be up for a post-volume discussion if other people are interested.

1 Like

Maybe it’s too slice-of-life to have a formal discussion hahaha… I guess it would be more applicable to novels?

I’ve never read Yotsuba before. Should I start with volume 1 or do you think it’s okay to jump right in?

1 Like

I’d recommend starting with Volume 1, there’s a thread for each volume, and we answered most of the questions that came up.

It’s slice of life enough, but, you get to know the characters better and stuff like that. Also great practice.

You could also do both. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or you could try reading the previous 3 volumes in a few days, then start this one.

3 Likes

I agree with @Kazzeon. Though I suppose you could start with vol 4, I think it would better to start with vol 1 in order to get to know the characters better.

There are threads for each volume which almost certainly cover any question you might have, but if you do come across something and want to ask about it, that is very welcome.

Just make sure you are posting in the right volume thread, and add a page number at the top of your post.

It’s great to have you here!

3 Likes