よつばと! Vol 14 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

My reading day is usually Sunday :woman_shrugging:
I also feel like I just have nothing to say in general lately, but that’s not just the Yotsuba club :disappointed: Posting be hard sometimes

I thought it was cute when Yotsuba asked Jumbo if he was giving her the “expensive” beads because he loved her xD Koiwai and Jumbo making bead necklaces is something I didn’t know I needed in my life

3 Likes

I was amused by the fact that Koiwai was too effusive in his praise when Yotsuba let him have some beads, which made Yotsuba think she’d come off worse in the deal. He was much more subdued the second time. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Page 14

First panel
Yotsuba: ひとつのこらず ほしい…

It’s clear she is saying “I want all of them”, but ひとつ is 一つ, one, and I found on Jisho that のこらず is 残らず, all… but is this a separate vocab word when combined?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

1 Like

I think it’s this one: Jisho.org: Japanese Dictionary

ひとつ残らずほしい → ひとつ残らないでほしい

Although Jisho.org: Japanese Dictionary is basically the same. :thinking:

2 Likes

Thank you Kazzeon!

Page 17

In the final panel, dad says: いけてない!? 俺ちょっといけてない!?
And Janbo replies: おう いけてる いけてる

I wonder what this いけてる is? Is it 生けて, to arrange, or is it いける, to be good at, or to look good. Thinking about it, I guess it is the latter and dad is saying “I’m not good at this” and Janbo is saying, “no, you’re doing fine”.

But if someone could confirm that, that would be great! Thank you!

I thought it was probably イケてる
Like “isn’t this cool/fashionable/stylish/sexy? aren’t I a little bit cool/fashionable/stylish/sexy?”
And Jumbo’s like “oh, yes, definitely”

4 Likes

Ah, that makes a lot of sense! Thank you!

1 Like

It doesn’t help my bank balance much, but there is a “Hobby Off” near my flat, and I can’t help but pop in from time to time. Today I found my best-ever purchase there! A Yotsuba phone case, totally unused. The packaging says “prize only”, so it must have been a freebie with something or other, and I got it for 800円. I’m going to be smiling for weeks!

12 Likes

It’s so good, it just has to be my new profile pic!

2 Likes

:grinning: :blush:

2 Likes

All right, Chapter 91!

Yotsuba looks so cute! :blush:

:joy:
Oh, no! Jumbo was rejected. :cry:

:rofl:

Well, what a nice, short chapter. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Chapter 92! :person_in_lotus_position: :woman_in_lotus_position:

7 Likes

I can relate to Fuuka and Shimau ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1

3 Likes

I honestly never believed I’d see 黒幕 in action, but there it is, on page 25. I’m also impressed that Yotsuba managed to repeat the yoga sales pitch without changing it. :slightly_smiling_face:

It bugs me a tiny bit that Yotsuba’s mat disappears when they stand up…

Because they’ve gained weight or because they’re not flexible? :stuck_out_tongue:

In other news, I was reading Skull-Faced Bookseller Honda-san last night, and guess who made a cameo appearence:

3 Likes

No ANIME%20NITRO%20EMOTE%20SERVER-1 both

3 Likes

It’s almost like she originally wasn’t in that scene.

1 Like

I notice the chapter’s also gone from being number 90 to number 92…

Is that Yotsuba and Char Aznable?!

Looks like an upcoming chapter went from being number 97 to 96. Maybe some chapters were moved around?