よつばと! Reading club

We are neck-and-neck except for some reason @windupbird’s vote is worth more than everyone else’s!

I’m thinking it’s going to be October 7th for Volume 6, sorry @Belthazar.

“I have no preference” is winning! :smiley:
I mean, whatever. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Okay, I closed out the polls - if no one has a particular objection I plan to set the schedule for Volume 6 to start October 7th.

Looks like we lean toward keeping things on Sunday, too, so I’ll just leave that as it is.

Volume 6 thread is up here!

2 Likes

Oh, goody. Volume 14 is being released (in English) here in Australia this week.

3 Likes

Yes, but you don’t need that @Belthazar ! You need this!

That’s been out at Kinokuniya for ages. I haven’t bought it, though, because we’re only up to volume 6. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

One day! :wink:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

We’re reaching the end of Volume 6 next week. With work and classes taking most of my time right now, I’ve fallen off of reading along and am planning to step down from running the threads.

Is there someone else available to manage the club starting with Volume 7?

I’m busy with なぜ?どうして?till March! Plus, Christmas and New Year will be here in no time! Why don’t we start vol. 8 some time early next year?

2 Likes

That’s a good point - if people want to take a significant break, I might have time to pick up again after the turn of the year.

I can at the very least take the responsibility of reaching out to ask for volunteers again if I don’t have the time to start it up then.

3 Likes

I mean, we’re most of the participants, so I would rather take a break and pick it up again after a bit.
I’m still behind on reading, anyway. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I would be all in favor of a break - I think I’m going to be attempting Girl Who Leapt Through Time with the beginner book club in a couple weeks (we’ll see how that goes :upside_down_face: ) and I’ll probably have to drop most everything else if I want to have a prayer of keeping up. Plus there’s all that life stuff.

So yeah, waiting until after the new year to start the next volume would be totally fine with me.

4 Likes

I’m the whole volume behind…

1 Like

I’m the whole volume minus the first chapter behind. :sweat_smile:

On the other spectrum, I have read all but the latest volume (14). Sorry for jumping ahead.

Okay, sounds like most of the active posters are in agreement to wait a while.

Do we all want to catch up on Volume 6 in the meantime and choose a date to check in again about Volume 7?

When do you want to revisit Volume 7?

• Beginning of January
  • Beginning of February
  • Beginning of March
  • Later

0 voters

2 Likes

@MidnightOverlord, is it possible to update the OP? I just noticed it said that we are currently reading vol.5, but actually we are coming slowly to the end of vol.6.

2 Likes

Just did it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you KazzeonOverLord! :grin:

2 Likes