ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 4 🧹

Whether it’s true or not, it’s an easier way for me to remember it that way, than to learn ようで by rote.

2 Likes

I find a lot of “grammar points” that seem like a mystical thing that you just have to memorize, become a lot easier when you understand the underlying words/logic.

2 Likes

Considering a literal translation is “like fishing for rabbits on a spring day”, I certainly hope it’s an idiom. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Page 119

Is that a street light in the water?

No, it’s the moon :rofl:

2 Likes

Heh. I was just about to say that.

But seriously, the street light is in the foreground.

4 Likes

ch23, p112 – 今散歩してるとこです。
I don’t get what this とこ here means?

2 Likes

It’s a shortcut of ところ (something like place, thing, moment or the like).

2 Likes

Could it be this then?

1 Like

Yep, that sounds plausible to me. :+1:

1 Like

ch23, p123 – What’s カチーナ?

1 Like

Seems to be some American Indian spirit being: Kachina - Wikipedia
Looks like they believe the beach rabbit is such a being.

3 Likes

The last chapter of this volume!

Chapter 24: 兎の逆立ち

2020-06-19T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later (or soon)
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

5 Likes

Hmmm anyone has any ideas about what’s exactly Italian in this scene?

2 Likes

I suspect that’s because the sandwich it’s eating looks like an Italian Sandwich (which is an American thing but hey, details :woman_shrugging:)

3 Likes
9 Likes

Oh, “delicious!”. I thought Hamabe was putting a fist on its mouth like in a thinking pose, pondering what to say, not that it was kissing it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

ch24, p 140 –

2993e16c3d

Is this translation correct?

I’d say more or less, yes. There are some nuances that are missing in the translation, but it captures the gist (as of my understanding).

What are you wondering about or questioning?

1 Like

Mainly about this sentence: それで帰ろうとしたらハマベーも車に乗ってきてそのまま
Or more specifically, the bold parts. Actually, I just realized that 〜ようとする can mean “to be about to,” but you have to open the grammar point to see that meaning. Okay, so I guess that only leaves そのまま。What does it mean here?

Also, when I read the second panel, I thought Chinatsu was talking about Makoto, but I guess that’s not the case :S

1 Like