ご注文はうさぎですか miscellaneous discussion

If you like comedy, cafes, or rabbits, ご注文はうさぎですか is the manga for you!

I’ve discussed this manga (and anime) several times on the forums and I know others have expressed interest in reading it. This discussion topic is NOT a book club. Rather, it is a place where you can ask questions about the manga if you are considering reading it or ask questions / discuss the content if you are currently reading it. Since this topic is about the series as a whole, please use spoiler tags where appropriate.

P.S. As of creating this topic, I’ve read through volume 2, chapter 7. :blush:

Here are some sample pages from three separate chapters if anyone wants to check the difficulty.

Volume 1 Chapter 2

Volume 1 Chapter 4

Gochiusa-05

Volume 2 Chapter 8

Gochiusa-09

9 Likes

@Naphthalene

At your request, spines for all six volumes:

Plus, cover for volume 1:

4 Likes

Great! I’ve had this in my cart for a while now. Just haven’t pulled the trigger. looking forward to the responses to this thread

1 Like

Awesome, feel free to post any questions you might have! I need an excuse to revisit volume 1 and do a deeper analysis of the stuff I didn’t understand.

@Naphthalene By the way, I have a very specific question about the end of volume 2 chapter 1, so please let me know when you read that chapter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kyasurin Find the word we learned from Kiki! It’s in kanji here, but I’m proud that I guessed it was the same word from the context!

1 Like

sorry to pollute your thread with non-manga talk, but I just finished season 2 of the anime and wanted to say thanks for pointing me towards it!

2 Likes

Next step: read the manga!

4 Likes

I’ll add it to the list :blush:

Is it お裾分け? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yep, you win! Honestly, I was mostly just looking for an excuse to bump the thread haha.

3 Likes

I did realise that was the word, by the way!
Were you surprised to see it in a different context? I think that after Kiki I almost felt it was witch-specific terminology.

I was kind of surprised because it doesn’t seem like a common word. It actually showed up once before in the manga too.

I’ve been wanting to read this for a while—it looks too adorable for words. Is the page seanblue posted representative of difficulty?

No, those two panels are very easy compared to much of the manga. If you want I can take a few pictures of whole pages so you can judge for yourself.

@somatophobia and anyone else interested (@Naphthalene, @Radish8, @heisamaniac, etc.):
I’ve updated the first post with 12 sample pages across three chapters so people can see more of the content and judge difficulty.

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s really helpful!

Thank you very much for doing that! That’s super helpful and kind. :slight_smile: It’s also very heartening to see, because I could plod my way through that. :smiley:

2 Likes

Volume 2 chapter 9 had a really brilliant sequence, but there’s no one here I can discuss it with since no one is reading along yet. :sob:

2 Likes

Nooo.
Life has been preventing me from going to buy it so far :sob:
Maybe I should just gave and pay the hard price to Amazon…
But bookoff is just 20 min away. Aaaaaaaaaah

1 Like

Gooooo buuuuuy ittttt. I’m sure you’ll find it in Bookoff next time you go!

P.S. It’ll only take you like a week to catch up to me once you buy it. :joy:
P.P.S. I’ll be curious to know how many words you look up in the first volume. :slight_smile:

2 Likes