おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to neko) book club

Ah, I see. I didn’t catch that. I thought the last poll was just about asking if people want to speed up and read two chapters a week. But now readling more carefully, you were asking about whether to post one thread or two threads per week.

I actually prefer just one thread a week (covering 2 chapters), so I changed my vote from back then. Doesn’t change the outcome, though. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying. I hadn’t considered that a possibility, but retrospectively I guess that’s what @tomwamt was going for with a both on Monday vote.

Which would you prefer?

• 2 chapters 1 thread
  • 2 chapters 2 threads (same day)
  • 2 chapters 2 threads (different days)
  • 2 threads, no day preference

0 voters

Anyone with better poll making abilities is welcome to make a better poll. I don’t have great foresight/insight into anything this week it seems.

Although, based on current results, I’ll post the next chapter thread tomorrow. If people change their votes between now and later, I don’t see any reason that we can’t move the day of the week, etc to better suit everyone at that point.

2 Likes

I didn’t think I cared about the threads, but it makes more sense to do it per chapter, in case someone only gets to one chapter first and still wants to participate in a discussion without spoilers.

2 Likes

I just found this thread and I recently bought the book, perfect timing! It might take me a week or two to catch up, but I am very excited to have assistance and community to work our way through the book.

4 Likes

The chapters are very short and thus we have a lot of chapters in volume 1. With just one thread a week, we wouldn’t “spam” the reading section too much. Also discussion might die down over time, we already don’t seem to have as many (active) participants. So later on, if we have one thread per week with like six replies instead of two threads with each three replies… one thread seems to be more appropriate kind of?

To avoid spoilers, we could always use the “hide details” or “blur spoiler” tool. That’s what we do in other book club threads as well.

1 Like

@Sarabrina: Would you mind linking all chapter threads in the first post and make something like a reading schedule (e.g. Furuba home thread)?

1 Like

What parts would we use the spoilers on? Just the 2 chapter of the week?

2 Likes

I think we would only need spoiler tags if we talk about major events. Just general talk about grammar or vocab is not necessarily spoilery.

Hey everyone!

I’m so sorry for my absence from the group, seeing as I started the book club in the first place.
I’ve realized that I won’t have time needed to be active in the group, especially not since I have an injured horse to care for (which has taken up most of my spare time after work lately), besides working full time and living on a farm (and caring for and exercising my other horse). I haven’t even had time to keep up with my WK reviews during the past few days. I hope you can all understand and I hope that you will continue the legacy of the Ojisama to neko book club, even without me. I will pop in when I have some spare time! My own reading of Ojisama to neko has also had to be put on hold for a while.

Good luck everyone! And thank you all for being so active in the group anyway! <3

6 Likes

Best of luck to your horse for a speedy and good recovery! Best of luck to you as well for whatever life throws at you. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

The new discussion thread is up, it’s one thread two chapters as requested by poll majority :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I will join the bookclub also :slight_smile: I just saw this today and as it is available at bilingual manga - there is no waiting time :blush:

5 Likes

Thank you so much!! :heart:

1 Like

The next thread is up!

3 Likes

This week’s thread is up!

3 Likes

About the vocab sheet: I noticed that vocab for chapter 7 goes by ebook page numbers but chapter 8 goes by the actual printed book page numbers (see table of contents). I was wondering if we could decide on one of the two, otherwise it can be a bit confusing,

3 Likes
  • Use physical book page numbers
  • Use EBook page numbers

0 voters

I almost changed them all to the physical ones once I got to that chapter too :sweat_smile:

I have the ebook, so I would prefer ebook page numbers. But I wouldn’t mind if we do the physical book page numbers.

Myself and whoever else was adding words originally for the first 5-6 chapters used the physical page numbers unless someone edited them. I would prefer the original physical ones but I’ll go with whatever the group decides.

Even though I have the ebook I prefer the numbers to match the physical book. I can check the “actual” page numbers as easily as a physical book user can, but they can’t check ebook page numbers.

2 Likes