Do you shop online?

Answer Template

I do.

します。

I don’t.

しません。

I buy [thing].

[thing]をかいます。

Note1: If you have things you want to say but don’t know how to write it in Japanese, just try to write some parts (eve just some words) and ask me how to write the rest! I can teach you or provide some hints. :orange_heart:

Note2: This thread is meant to be beginner-friendly. If you are an advanced learner, please be kind by putting furigana on the LV6+ kanji by using the following HTML or @Kumirei 先輩せんぱい’s user script「https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/382405-wanikani-forums-easy-furigana 」! :angrymami:

<ruby>漢字<rp>(</rp><rt>かんじ</rt><rp>)</rp></ruby>
2 Likes

ときどきしますでも、お金持ちません。

ネットショッピングはしますとき、本を買います。

1 Like

日本ごの本ですか?\(^o^)/

3 Likes

はい、日本語の本です。言語学の本もです!

Could I ask what the main correction is here? I’m curious, as it makes sense, but I’m wondering what the difference in meaning is between お金持ちません and お金持ちではありません. Is the first one just ungrammatical?

Yeah the first sentence was ungrammatical.

If you meant to say but I don’t have money, it would have been:
でも、(あんまり)お金はありません。
でも、お金は(あんまり)ないです。
でも、お金は(あんまり)持っていません。

2 Likes

あっー、なるほど!

My intended form was the last one, but I (for some reason) dissuaded myself from using the ーて + いる form, because…I don’t know, there was some thought in my head that made it make sense. The multiple examples really make it stick though.

ありがとうございます!!

I think in English, you use have in present tense…like I have money/I don’t have money.
But in Japanese, you say お金を持っている/お金を持っていない when referring to the present status.

1 Like

Verb conjugation and tenses in general have been one of my big pain points with learning Japanese so far. I’ve managed to begin memorizing a lot of the rules, but things like the differences between present and habitual tenses tend to sorta mess with my brain. It’s helpful to know that in this case I’d use the present, いる tense!

ときどきしました。便利でしたね。でも、お金をたくさんかかりました。

漫画(まんが)とドラマCDを買うときは、ネットを使(つか)います。うちの(くに)ではそんなものを(みせ)に買うことができないからです。たいていのものなら物理的(ぶつりてき)(physical?)な店に買うんです。

もちろん、日本から色々を買います。ループや本やノ−トパソコンスタンドなどなど。上着も買いたいかな。買いたいですがお金がないです。

私はあまりネットショッピングをしませんけど、オンラインだけで買えていますものがあります。 trying to say that I don’t shop online often but there are some things I can only buy online, though I’m not really sure how to get that across clearly…

します!便利(べんり)さとスピードの時代(じだい)ですから。(なま)(もの)になる(おそ)れがあるけど、こんなに便利(べんり)方法(ほうほう)があっても使(つか)わないわけにはいかないでしょう!

出来るだけネットショッピングをしません。カナダに住んでいるから、通販(つうはん)値段(ねだん)はだいたい高いです。でもアマゾンは例外です。

しすぎます。

でも、後悔こうかいがありません。

はい、キャットフードをかいます。

以前(いぜん)はよくネットショッピングをしました。今は(みせ)()(もの)に行ったら、もっと()決定(けってい)するので、あまりネットショッピングをしません。(ぼく)(くに)入手不可(にゅうしゅふか)(もの)()いたければ、インタネットで(さが)すことの(まえ)自分(じぶん)に「3日(みっか)()わり(ころ)に、これはまだ()しいですか?」と()います。それから、3日(みっか)()わり(ころ)に、まだ()しければ、自分(じぶん)に「これは本当(ほんとう)本当(ほんとう)本当(ほんとう)にいりますか?」と()います。「はい」と(こた)えれば、()います。

Is 「もっと良く決定する」a good enough translation for “make better decisions”?

私はよくします。フィリピンでLazadaというアプリがあります。とても人気です。そのアプリはeBayみたいにネットショッピングできます。商品(しょうひん)はとても安(やす)いし、アプリもとても便利(べんり)だから一、二周間(しゅうかん)に一回(いっかい)使(つか)います。

はい、よく ネットショッピングをします。店で買い物をする時間がありませんだからネットショッピングをします。本と服 を 買います。

よくCDJapanで本やCDを買います。
先週化物語の1巻を買いました。