【Beginner】Some Changes

Hello guys!!!

In this Japanese Only (Beginners) thread, the staff was originally supposed to try to use only Lv1-5 kanjis, and participants were also encouraged to do so. But adding furigana wrappers for all the Lv6+ kanji was a pain for everyone so we’re easing the rule a little bit!

Don’t worry! This section will still remain for Beginners so the staff will only try to use easy kanji and expressions. However, sometimes you may come across kanji you don’t know. To quickly look up the kanji reading and meaning, we recommend you to use a furigana extension such as Rikai-kun .

rikai-kun

The browser extension will let you hover over the words and teach you the reading and meaning. (How cool!!!) So if you haven’t had the extension, please get one :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. You guys will see new Japanese staff working in the Japanese Only (Beginners) soon (^^)/

よろしくおねがいしまーす。
(Don’t know what that means? Check out the article: WHAT DOES YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU MEAN?)

26 Likes

I’m happy for both decisions. Thank you!
Also wanted to add the link for the firefox users, add-on name: Rikaichamp
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rikaichamp/?src=search
Not sure if the author is the same, but the interface look the same to me

7 Likes

Users of Yomichan can also choose to install these two dictionaries that I put together which add JLPT and WK level indicators to words and kanji.

JMdict+

KANJIDIC+

9 Likes

This is great news! One thing that was holding me back from posting was the hassle that comes with making Furigana (even tried the community plug-in but it - somehow - didn´t work). Also looking forward to the “new staff” :eyes:.

5 Likes

Question, there aren’t any rules so far as grammar is concerned, right? I usually try to keep my sentences simple grammarwise, about N4 level and below.

1 Like

Firefox really does not like tinyUpload and marked everything as a virus

4 Likes

Yeah, I know. Chrome did for me as well. It worked fine when I uploaded it last year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not sure where else to post it

3 Likes

Yo!

Now it works, but it takes two clicks…

2 Likes

Does this mean you’re leaving? D:

3 Likes

This exactly. I feel bad but I also didn’t want to spend time fiddling around too much. This will be a positive change for sure

2 Likes

Mami先生 has lifetime subscription… she can’t go lol

3 Likes

星空(ほしぞら)
先生(せんせい)である
まみむまそん

3 Likes

You are right, no rules so far as grammar is concerned! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha yeah I may still pop-in sometimes but you guys will see @Mokoko more often :slight_smile:

儚くも
星とて永久に
輝けぬゆえ

2 Likes

heart_eyes

1 Like

@Mokoko先生、俳句好きですか?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.