新 Monthly Progress Challenge

#PROGRESS POST #: 5

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 19

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 23

#GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

• About WK for kanji and Anki for vocab and setence mining, it was a good month. Very consistent in doing those reviews.:muscle:

• Graded Readers, I’ve gotten to the story N.7 (out of 15) from the Level 2. Mmm… life and some distractions these last weeks :man_shrugging:

• I’m listening japanese for immersion while commuting almost daily. Though I must find some time to put some more content in my MP3 player, since I’m listening the same 3 shows for quite some time now.

• I’ve practicing maybe 3-4 days a week my writing with the Japanese Kanji Study app. 10’ per day, reviewing my WK levels from 1 and up until reaching my current level (until I get an accuracy of 90% o more). I’m still only doing up to level 9 so far.

• I’ve reading Japanese the Manga way. Maybe 1 chapter a week… I’m aiming at 2 /week, and I think it’s quite doable.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• A usual mantaining regularity in my WK and Anki reviews it’s the basic goal I strive. If no big life changes I should be able to keep up with it.

• Finishing the Graded Reader Level 2 it’s high on my list, as I want to go quickly with the entire series and start reading native content already.

• So far writing Kanji I’m halfway getting to practice with my current lessons. Hopefullly by the next month I’ll have catch up with my current lessons in WK, so finally I can integrate practicing kanji writing WHEN learning every new kanji. This is of tremendous help for me for actually differentiating similar kanjis.

• Japanese the Manga Way it’s a great reading for grammar and quite a change from actually doing “textbook style” grammar study (AKA Genki time :sweat_smile: ). A think 2 lessons a week should be a nice pace to keep.
    I consider this the basis for my grammar, at least to make sure I learn a new thing every week. But actually I learn so much more, since sentence reviewing includes all the new grammar concepts I encounter get to be reviewed.

RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES:

• WK for kanji

• Anki with this Subs2SRS / Morphman routine for vocab and context sentence mining

• Graded Readers: Midway through Level 2

• Kanji Study App (for writing and easing indentification of kanjis)

• Netflix for inmmersion (I’m sharing my flat this month… so It’s geeting hard to watch much Japanese media :sweat: )

• For grammar I’m using Japanese the Manga Way as a cover to cover read (no drillings and silly dialogues make this a really enjoyable task).

• In sentence mining, whenever I get to a new concept I promptly look for it in jisho, search it DOJG series, and add it to the grammar deck (this one :wink: ). If it’s not in the deck (DOJG) I search it in: A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns for Teachers and Learners, that has becomed my favorite reference resource for grammar actually.

About grammar as well, I’ve been following KawaJapa’s youtube channel. This alongside with her book and also the book Making Sense of Japanese are proving to be extremely clarifying resources regarding japanese sentence structure. I think everyone should give them a look after going through any grammar textbook, as they ease the understanding of grammar a lot.

FAVE: Sentence Mining with Subs2SRS (for me nothing beats studying with the material you consume and already like :yum:)

TRY NEW RESOURCE: A Handbook of Japanese Grammar Patterns for Teachers and Learners. It’s the most comprehensive grammar reference I’ve bumped into. One book, super packed with content, very well structured.

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Strive at using material that you enjoy as part of your studies, as this will prove both a challenge and a joy. After all… aren’t you doing this for the fun :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: