新 Monthly Progress Challenge

#PROGRESS POST #: 4

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 16

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 19

#GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

• Reached my WK goal for the month and a bit more as well. Given I’ve manage to make WK into a daily habit, it’s certainly the most regular goal to achieve

• For vocab I’ve mantained my routine very consistent (about 20 lessons / day) with Anki. Great thing it’s later see those vocabs in actual sentences, one of my most enjoyable routines.

• Bunpro was a no go this month. I didn’t fell like spending the time there, felt like doing chores, and I’m avoiding feeling like that when learning now.

• Shadowing, I only did half of the 2nd unit from the book (Shadowing: let’s learn japanese). It was pointed to me that I might be trying to cover too much ground with japanese learning right now, and since talking it’s the routine that I will practice the less for now it will remain on queue. Same for the Collocations book, it’s very much attached to speaking. I’m planning to complete the book a couple of months before going to Japan this year though.

• Writing, I’ve retake Kanji Study as a tool for remembering my kanjis. I found it specially helpful, given the these last WK levels are full with similar Kanjis, that can be correctly differentiated after actually writing them somtimes.

• After seeking advice on WK forums I’ve decided to resume my grammar studies; Genki lost the apeal for me after completing the first book, and since I’m spending that many hours to learn japanese every day I’ve turn to material that I actually enjoy. In this case Japanese the Manga way has been the proposed option, wich it’s been to my surprise an engaging reading for the last week, hopefully will make me continue learning grammar at a constant pace.

• Reading has become a priority. I’ve rushed to finish my current Graded Readers (Level 1) and have odered the next Level. I’ve notice less and less unknown vocab came from the last stories, so I was feeling good about my vocab improvement there.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• WK, Anki for vocab and context sentences will most certainly remain as my most constant routine.

• Reading all or most of the Level 2 stories from Graded Readers would be a real improvement for increasing my actual reading.

• Listening. I’ve finally managed to rip audio from my Netflix shows .I’ve integrated listening to the show’s audio while doing other activities as a daily routine these last week, mainly while commuting to work.

RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES:

• Anki Vocab deck based on Core10k and Context sentences (Subs2SRS / Morphman). A great change has been using a particular card syle for Anki that allows to show furigana only if hovering over the kanjis. I’ve shared here .

• Graded Readers: Finishing Level 1, starting Level 2 soon.

• Kanji Study App

• Netflix for inmmersion (show’s with jsubs and listening to the shows audio later).Currently Wakako Sake, Million Yen Women, Usagi Drop, Kids on the Slope.

• Japanese the Manga Way: great book to get interested into learning grammar once more.

FAVE: Sentence Mining with Subs2SRS and Graded Readers

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Japanese the Manga Way, I’m just turning pages in the first chapter, but has prven to be a fascinating reading (funny to say this over a grammar book actually)

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: enjoy learning japanese :+1: